Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16 HELP PLEASE

Thecrow1

n3wb
Reaction score
I really dont want to buy another NVR. I am hoping someone on here can let me know if this NVR is capable of using a 8mp/4k camera? Looks like it only supports up to a 5 or 6 mp? If so, do you think I should buy a dark-fighter or colorvu? Does the colorvu turn on mini led lights while recording? I mean thats not very stealth.

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
  • 7716NI/SP supports up to 6MP camera. You can put a higher resolution camera on it so long as you adjust the camera resolution down to 6MP or below in the camera interface.
  • 7716NI/SP from memory only supports H264 not H265 so you'll not get that benefit from newer cameras connected to the older machine.
  • There are many opinions on this. Color Vu has a large aperture allowing more visible light to reach the sensor, however it has no mechanical IR cut filter and if you adjust the shutter speed to a reasonable level to not blur motion in low light you're going to need that visible LED switched on. Stealth - it doubles as a floodlight it's so bright and can render faces featureless. The Darkfighter is my preference.
  • Don't think you're going to be blown away by high megapixel cameras - Darkfighter or not. The reality is that the more megapixels, the worse the cameras low light capability. The Hikvision DS-2CD2325FWD-I 2 megapixel powered by Darkfighter turrets are good. If you have more to spend the 5 series DS-2CD5A4G0 4 megapixel Darkfighter bullet is excellent.

Thecrow1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you I ordered a
Hikvision DS-2CD2085G1-I 8MP(4K) IP Bullet Security Camera Darkfighter H.265 WDR

and have it installed at the max 3840x2160 resolution. I have to say that this camera 8mp is the BEST I own. Its almost daylight at night albeit black and white.I didnt change anything far as for the MP on the camera it just worked plug and play. I decided not to buy the colorvu because who wants a LED visible? Not me or for my application. I might have to slowly replace all my cams now because this new one puts the others way behind.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I really dont want to buy another NVR. I am hoping someone on here can let me know if this NVR is capable of using a 8mp/4k camera? Looks like it only supports up to a 5 or 6 mp? If so, do you think I should buy a dark-fighter or colorvu? Does the colorvu turn on mini led lights while recording? I mean thats not very stealth.
Why do you want stealth? In my opinion, the first job of a camera is to act as a deterrent and hopefully prevent the crime to begin with. Mount that camera in the wide open for everyone to see!