Hikvision DS-HD1 doorbell camera

PhilChris

n3wb
Reaction score
My grandson installed a DS-HD1 doorbell camera for me using his smart phone. Everything was fine until I rebooted the Hikvision DS-7716NI-I4 / 16P NVR. I was working on another Hikvision surveillance camera. When I noticed that the doorbell camera was no longer working, I started to work on it with my laptop (Win 10) because I don't have a smart phone. In my network wifi connection list, I saw the wifi network from the camera labeled softap_Dserial number and clicked on it. I entered the password and connected. Using the SADP tool, I saw that the camera ip had changed from a 192.168.1.x to 192.168.8.x. I could set up my 4200 and saw the camera but could not change the ip number back to its original. I noticed the new gateway for that camera also was 192.168.8.x. After days of working on this, I'm not a newbie but not a pro either, I contacted Hikvision and asked them how to work on this problem with a laptop and they answered and said, I had to use the smart phone with the Hik-Connect app. Before I call my grandson back to my house, does anyone have any help for me? Phil

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SADP allows you to specify the default gateway as well

PhilChris

n3wb
Reaction score
SADP allows you to specify the default gateway as well
I did put in a default gateway 192.168.1.x; but it wouldn't work. I have used SADP many times and have changed camera IP addresses and it worked when the default gateway was the same in the first 3 segments.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your saying it didn’t work... so how did it behave? Did it give an error? It sounds like your possibly not using the right password

PhilChris

n3wb
Reaction score
Your saying it didn’t work... so how did it behave? Did it give an error? It sounds like your possibly not using the right password
No, it didn't show an error; when I put in the new parameters and then put in the password and hit the modify button, it showed that the change was accepted. However, when I refreshed the SADP screen, the old parameters were still there. Even if I rebooted, they were still there. I retried that several times also but got no success. Thanks for trying.