Hikvision DS-K8003-IME intercom: how do I setup motion recording?

nicobar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, I think I "MAY" have found the way to record from this intercom the way it is supposed to be, which is not a continuous pull from a solution like NAS + Surveillance Station, but a remote recording in response to a motion event detected by the unit.
I summarize my findings:
  • All the owners of the DS-K8003-IME intercom need to have latest iVMS4200 Client installed on a local computer to configure it as, differently from other Hikvision cameras, this intercom does not have its own web interface.
  • you need in the same LAN a storage server, which can be any PC with iVMS 4200 SERVER running on it. This can be the same PC as the one where you installed the Client, in fact you can install Client and Server together. My PC is a small NUC.
  • with iVMS Client, add the intercom to the devices and among the other settings make sure you configure Motion Detection and tick "Notify Surveillance Center". This makes the intercom to send some ping to port 8000 of the storage server to trigger recordings.
  • on the PC, set to run automatically the Server. Beside asking for a password the first time, there is no interface and nothing to configure.
  • back to iVMS Client, go again to the devices pages: you should see the storage sever running among the other cameras and intercom: add it as you would add any other Hikvision camera, using the password you used to register the server
  • still from the iVMS Client, configure the server as you would configure a device. One of the option is Storage. In that you should see local hard drives available to record.

This video shows pretty much the process outlined above:
And this is where I am stuck for now: I don't see any hard drive available. I think it is because Storage Server wants at least one dedicated partition. My PC (a NUC i5) has one small 128GB SSD with only one partion for Windows, and that cannot work as Storage Server has to format the entire partition.
I believe that if you have a dedicated partition, Storage Server will see it, allow you to format it, and record in it every time the intercom send it a ping via port 8000. This is similar to the process to have other Hikvision cameras record each in its own folder in the NAS: create a folder and a user for each camera, assign a quota, and from the Hikvision camera interface format the NAS folder.
My SSD is too small and too full to create a separate partition and I cannot remotely access the house at this moment.
As a test, I tried to map in the PC a folder from the local NAS, but Storage Server does not see it, it has to be a physical local disk partition.

If anybody wants to take from here, please share your findings. I'll be able to experiment further only when I'll be able to access the house to add an SD to the NUC or replace the SSD with a larger one and create a dedicated partition in it.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hope there will be further reports - albeit I doubt that any solution will work on Mac Os because most of the basic Hikvision stuff doesn't.

What really, really annoys me is that the Alarm Event tab in iVMS-4200 lists all my Door Station motion events and invites me to click on its little green arrows to view the video - but the resulting video is always the current live view, not the motion event (accompanied by an alert telling me that this functionality isn't supported). Does the Windows version take the mickey in the same way? (Note the alarm time of 02:52 vs the time stamp on the video which is 04:06.)

Door Station Alarm Events 220420.png

fousa

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I think I "MAY" have found the way to record from this intercom the way it is supposed to be, which is not a continuous pull from a solution like NAS + Surveillance Station, but a remote recording in response to a motion event detected by the unit.
I summarize my findings:
  • All the owners of the DS-K8003-IME intercom need to have latest iVMS4200 Client installed on a local computer to configure it as, differently from other Hikvision cameras, this intercom does not have its own web interface.
  • you need in the same LAN a storage server, which can be any PC with iVMS 4200 SERVER running on it. This can be the same PC as the one where you installed the Client, in fact you can install Client and Server together. My PC is a small NUC.
  • with iVMS Client, add the intercom to the devices and among the other settings make sure you configure Motion Detection and tick "Notify Surveillance Center". This makes the intercom to send some ping to port 8000 of the storage server to trigger recordings.
  • on the PC, set to run automatically the Server. Beside asking for a password the first time, there is no interface and nothing to configure.
  • back to iVMS Client, go again to the devices pages: you should see the storage sever running among the other cameras and intercom: add it as you would add any other Hikvision camera, using the password you used to register the server
  • still from the iVMS Client, configure the server as you would configure a device. One of the option is Storage. In that you should see local hard drives available to record.

This video shows pretty much the process outlined above:
And this is where I am stuck for now: I don't see any hard drive available. I think it is because Storage Server wants at least one dedicated partition. My PC (a NUC i5) has one small 128GB SSD with only one partion for Windows, and that cannot work as Storage Server has to format the entire partition.
I believe that if you have a dedicated partition, Storage Server will see it, allow you to format it, and record in it every time the intercom send it a ping via port 8000. This is similar to the process to have other Hikvision cameras record each in its own folder in the NAS: create a folder and a user for each camera, assign a quota, and from the Hikvision camera interface format the NAS folder.
My SSD is too small and too full to create a separate partition and I cannot remotely access the house at this moment.
As a test, I tried to map in the PC a folder from the local NAS, but Storage Server does not see it, it has to be a physical local disk partition.

If anybody wants to take from here, please share your findings. I'll be able to experiment further only when I'll be able to access the house to add an SD to the NUC or replace the SSD with a larger one and create a dedicated partition in it.
Thank you! I was able to continue your findings and we are getting some results. I did what you said, I've a NUC too, installed IVMS and IVMS Storage Server.
I shrank my disk a few GB, create a new partition for the Storage Server without any problem.
Now, in my phone app:
The motions videos are the yellow lines. I can review all videos sliding the timeline. But the motion detections are still not showing in the "Event playback" tab with thumbnails.

DS-K8003_motiondetection1_.jpg

DS-K8003_motiondetection2_.jpg

pawelfi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have checked this solution, but im not happy with this. Of course it it working, I was able to set up the Storage Server on Machine and win 7... but sometimes IVMS just hangs and close so video is not recorded anymore.
I also have problem as sometimes in IVMS4200 i got message when im trying to view camera "user account Locked" - I use that same account admin as there is no way to configure otehr users - just to be able to playback video.
Of course I got message user account is locked but its workin on other computer....

JTS

n3wb
Reaction score
That was very straightforward for me. The intercom has two NO (Normally Open) outputs, so it can open or activate two different things. As I already had an automatic gate system with an additional manual button (NO) to open the gate, I just connect in parallel to it.

If you have a typical 24VAC electric lock, you cannot do the directly and you need a small relay: the 24VAC power flows through the contacts of the relay, and the intercom contacts only power the relay coil, that can be a 12VDC taken from the intercom itself
Hi Nicobar, I have a electric lock powered with 9v 1A AC adapter (not DC) . Do you think the internal relay from the intercom can support this? To trigger the lock it is enough one second pulse and my intercom devices is the DS-KV8113-WME1. Thanks in advance.

freelance

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two DS-K8003-IME1 doorbells (front and rear door) and two DS-KH6320-WTE1 indoor stations. The system works fine as a doorbell intercom. Either doorbell rings both indoor stations, and each station can call up the video feed from either doorbell. Also works with Hik-Connect. iVMS 4200 was required to configure this setup. All four devices have static IP addresses. I don't use it to unlock the doors.

I have a Hikvision NVR that records the video feed from both doorbells 24/7 (neither is plugged into the back of the NVR). While this does not satisfy your need for motion activated recording, it does provide complete coverage, and I don't have to leave my PC turned on.

As I understand it, the SDcards in the indoor stations (both came with 16 GB) are only for photo capture when the capture icon is pressed on the indoor station.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi @Paskalou @nicobar

i see you guys talking about electrical lock, i have now a doorbird system with keypad, but gonna by the ds-kd8003 instead
on doorbird, it was a simple connecting 2 wires fro relay 1 , see pictures below to my electrical lock, that runs on an external 24V power supply

i am confused about the kd8003 ? what pins do i need to use? nc1 and nc2 ? or nc1 and com ?
on doorbird, when i entered the correct key, the relay was open for 2 sec, then closes again ... is this also a setting ivms to define the seconds ?

also, is it true the keypad numbers must me 6 digits long?

Attachments

Badriver

n3wb
Reaction score
Well that is a big no no.
Does it mean that in order to operate the electrical lock I need extra supply of 12v? The PoE input should be able to handle both the electrical lock and and main station.

1633698625829.png

I remember to see a video where everything was handled by PoE. Will try to look for it again.

Badriver

n3wb
Reaction score
Just found another vid.
It seems to work fine both with electrical lock and magnetic lock.