Hikvision DS-KB8112-IM Video Intercom / Doorstation

archjeb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello folks,

Got a weird one here. I have a HikVision DS-7616NI-Q2 NVR and a bunch of HikVision IP Bullet Cameras that are attached and this is working just fine.

I also have a DS-KB8112-IM Video Intercom / Doorstation which I'm using basically as a video feed to one of the NVR channels. It is manually configured on the NVR PoE input (not plug-n-play) just to provide video to the NVR (its set to manual for a static IP and its set to Hikvision protocol).
(Long story short, I used this camera as a cover for an old intercom in front of the house and didn't want to patch the hole. This low profile Video Intercom is being used just for video and audio recording. No other use.).

At any rate, what is weird here, is that when I use my Mac to view the camera's with the iVMS-4200 software, the DS-KB8112-IM video feed works just fine in 1-Screen mode and in 4-Screen mode...but in 9 or 16-screen mode, it shows up as blank! Also on the iPhone & Android iVMS version, in Live View mode, this camera is not visible. Screen shots of Mac version of iVMS shown below. Weird that it shows up fine in 1 & 4 Screen mode but not in the other tiled modes....

any thoughts on how to fix this? I saw a blurb on another forum stating that for some cameras you have to change the frame rate...so I tried setting it to 20fps and 22fps and that didn't change anything.

thanks,

-J

1Screen-view-small.jpeg

4-screen-DS-KB8112-IM-small.jpeg

9-Screen-DS-KB8112-IM-No-show-small.jpeg

archjeb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
oh, I should add that with the iVMS iphone version, it comes up with an error 8200 for that camera. All other cameras are displayed just fine. Its only the DS-KB8112-IM that is giving the display issue.

archjeb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, I followed another thread that recommended setting the frame rate to 20fps and the I frame interval to 20....and the rebooted and now its working even with a palette of 9 and 16 cameras on the screen. And it now works on iPhone and android iVMS version. So go figure...

archjeb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, I think this was a red herring. After a few days, I see the same behavior...I can't see the DS-KB8112-IM video in the 9 or 16 title mode, but I can see it fine in single or 4 window pane. I tried rebooting the DS-KB8112-IM; that didn't do it.
I rebooted the NVR and it started working again.

Any thoughts on next steps?

Thanks,

-J

Robbe

n3wb
Reaction score
When using 9 or 16 title mode, it uses substream.
So if the DS-KB8112-IM is not displaying any image on said mode, it usually means there's something wrong with the substream.
Can you show me your substream configuration of the door station?

archjeb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
oh, I didn't realize that the sub-stream was used for the 9 or 16 tile mode. That explains a lot.

Here is the current sub-stream settings:
DoorCam-substream.jpg

archjeb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Robbe,

Thanks for that info. I changed the substream to 20fps and the I frame interval to 20 and its working now. I'll let it bake for a few days and see if that was the issue or not; but at least changing this did not require a reboot to get my Live View back :)

Thanks.

-J

Robbe

n3wb
Reaction score
Robbe,

Thanks for that info. I changed the substream to 20fps and the I frame interval to 20 and its working now. I'll let it bake for a few days and see if that was the issue or not; but at least changing this did not require a reboot to get my Live View back :)

Thanks.

-J
I'm glad you got it working again!