Hikvision DS7732 & Synology NAS - setup real time backup

Will C

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Hik DS-7732 with 16TB WD Purples & 26 cameras on a client site. The client has asked me to setup a real time backup with a hidden NAS box that will capture 6-8 camera's streams.. The idea being if someone breaks in & trashes/steals the Hik NVR the NAS might have footage that would help.. hence the real time specification. I can see how to backup the NVR to NAS on schedule, but is the real time stream from a selection of cameras possible? Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Hik DS-7732 with 16TB WD Purples & 26 cameras on a client site. The client has asked me to setup a real time backup with a hidden NAS box that will capture 6-8 camera's streams.. The idea being if someone breaks in & trashes/steals the Hik NVR the NAS might have footage that would help.. hence the real time specification. I can see how to backup the NVR to NAS on schedule, but is the real time stream from a selection of cameras possible? Thanks!
buy a second NVR. They are cheap enough and will provide true redundancy. If the cameras support SD card, install them.