HikVision DVR can't use web live view

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Will definitely look into a new router (are Asus ones any good?). Also, regarding the steps you gave, how do I find the range that my laptop has/what do you mean by that? (192.168.0.xxx is in the same range as 192.168.0.xxx?) Also, by plug the NVR into the laptop what do you mean? cuz the only connections my laptop has is HDMI and USB...
I use an Asus router with Merlin's firmware loaded on it and I have no complaints. What model laptop do you have? It should have an ethernet port. You would need to manually set an ip address on the laptop that matches the range of the nvr so if your nvr is 192.168.0.22, then the laptop would need to be 192.168.0.x where x is a number between 1 and 254, however, it should not be 22.

trickSt

n3wb
Reaction score
I use an Asus router with Merlin's firmware loaded on it and I have no complaints. What model laptop do you have? It should have an ethernet port. You would need to manually set an ip address on the laptop that matches the range of the nvr so if your nvr is 192.168.0.22, then the laptop would need to be 192.168.0.x where x is a number between 1 and 254, however, it should not be 22.
Got an XPS 15, no ethernet port. Will find another laptop in the house to use and will follow your steps, thanks.

Reaction score
IP conflict of sony tv with hikvision camera.

Put different ip's on the tv and on the camera and correct the router's nat.