HikVision DVR can't use web live view

trickSt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Slight noob at this stuff: I have a DS-7204HUHI-K1 DVR from HikVision and I can see it on my router (I believe) and can ping it with a response.

When I try and connect to the IP (192.168.0.22) I get redirected to: with the "This site can’t be reached 192.168.0.22 refused to connect." error.
Since it is being redirected there must be some sort of initial connection (right?). I think it may be because the IP is configured incorrectly (not sure how to do this properly)?

any help appreciated.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When I try and connect to the IP (192.168.0.22) I get redirected to: with the "This site can’t be reached 192.168.0.22 refused to connect." error.
My guess is that you have the wrong IP address.
Do you have a NAS / fileshare device on your LAN?

The easiest way to find the DVR is to use Hikvision's SADP tool : SADP Tool
SADP will find the DVR even when the IP address isn't in the range of your LAN.
If the address looks OK - double-click it in SADP and the browser will open to the login page.
But you will need to use IE11 and download and install the webcomponents plugin as directed.

trickSt

n3wb
Reaction score
My guess is that you have the wrong IP address.
Do you have a NAS / fileshare device on your LAN?

The easiest way to find the DVR is to use Hikvision's SADP tool : SADP Tool
SADP will find the DVR even when the IP address isn't in the range of your LAN.
If the address looks OK - double-click it in SADP and the browser will open to the login page.
But you will need to use IE11 and download and install the webcomponents plugin as directed.
Thanks for the reply. I tried the SADP tool but nothing comes up at all? even when I click on the refresh button. Am I using it wrong or is the DVR completely not being detected? and I don't have a NAS nor fileshare device.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I tried the SADP tool but nothing comes up at all? even when I click on the refresh button. Am I using it wrong or is the DVR completely not being detected?
That does surprise me.
Not that I've used your model of DVR, but I've never seen SADP not find a Hikvision device on the LAN.
There are no settings apart from the refresh button.

Presumably you can see the network settings via the DVR VGA/HDMI interface.
What IP address does it show?
What is the IP address of the PC?

trickSt

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah am using the HDMI interface.

I entered the IP by myself (192.168.0.22 as address, 255.255.255.0 as subnet and 192.168.0.1 as gateway) since the DHCP setting (which worked before) now only inputs 192.168.1.64 and the subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and no default gateway. The IP of my PC is 192.168.0.21. I noticed when using DHCP you can see it's 192.168.1.xxx and not 192.168.0.xxx?

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What is the ip address of your router? Is it 192.168.0.1? What is the DHCP address range set to?

trickSt

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a link detect led on the router/switch port the DVR is connected to?
I use a powerline (which works on other devices and used to work on the DVR) , it has an LED which shows that the connection is active, also on the DVR when I go to network status it says "connected | ethernet" and sporadically has bytes sent and received. I can see it on my router (via 192.168.0.1), I found it by checking current devices, unplugging the DVR, and lo and behold one device was now not there.

trickSt

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the ip address of your router? Is it 192.168.0.1? What is the DHCP address range set to?
IP address of my router is the one you said, 192.168.0.1. And regarding the DHCP address range, how do I check this (via router or DVR?), one thing I know is that when I click DHCP it auto-assigns to 192.168.1.64 whilst when I check on the router it shows up on 192.168.0.22, but even when I go to the DVR and manually set it to 192.168.0.22 live view still doesn't work.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a Sony Bravia SmartTv on the LAN?
That's what the redirect you quoted suggests.
I'm wondering if the 192.168.0.22 address you assigned the DVR is conflicting with an existing DHCP-assigned address for another device.
It would certainly be worth checking the DHCP range that your router is using, as @Hammerhead786 has suggested.
You'll find this in the router web admin pages under DHCP configuration.

Suggestion : Assign an IP address to the DVR of 192.168.0.200 and see if SADP now sees it, and the browser can access it.

trickSt

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have a Sony Bravia SmartTv on the LAN?
That's what the redirect you quoted suggests.
I'm wondering if the 192.168.0.22 address you assigned the DVR is conflicting with an existing DHCP-assigned address for another device.
It would certainly be worth checking the DHCP range that your router is using, as @Hammerhead786 has suggested.
You'll find this in the router web admin pages under DHCP configuration.

Suggestion : Assign an IP address to the DVR of 192.168.0.200 and see if SADP now sees it, and the browser can access it.
Yea I have a Sony Bravia SmartTV. Tried reserving 192.168.0.200 for the DVR (via DHCP page on router) and then assigning that IP on the DVR but still redirects to
and regarding the range, it only says "starting local address: 192.168.0.10" on the DHCP page (also says number of CPEs 245, lease time 86400)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
This is quite bizarre, and intriguing.
Why SADP doesn't discover the DVR.
And why the browser appears to be on a global redirect.
Does another browser behave in the same way?

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Virgin Media Hub 3.0.
Just did a quick Google and it appears that router is locked down in terms of the DHCP address range. I'm not familiar with it. Even when I lived in the UK, I never used the ISP provided routers solely for the reason that they are aimed at the home user and they are locked down and are very inflexible. If you have a laptop, I'd suggest turning off the Wi-Fi and setting a static ip address in the same range as the nvr on the nic. Plug the nvr into the laptop and reconfigure it back to DHCP. Plug it back into the router and then from the router see if it has picked up an ip address. If it has, reserve that ip address so it doesn't get assigned to anything else.

I'd also suggest that if you have the means and desire, buy your own router and free yourself from the tyranny of the ISP provided one.

trickSt

n3wb
Reaction score
This is quite bizarre, and intriguing.
Why SADP doesn't discover the DVR.
And why the browser appears to be on a global redirect.
Does another browser behave in the same way?
On internet explorer when I type the IP I get redirected to a bing search for the IP? Still get same error on Chrome.

trickSt

n3wb
Reaction score
Just did a quick Google and it appears that router is locked down in terms of the DHCP address range. I'm not familiar with it. Even when I lived in the UK, I never used the ISP provided routers solely for the reason that they are aimed at the home user and they are locked down and are very inflexible. If you have a laptop, I'd suggest turning off the Wi-Fi and setting a static ip address in the same range as the nvr on the nic. Plug the nvr into the laptop and reconfigure it back to DHCP. Plug it back into the router and then from the router see if it has picked up an ip address. If it has, reserve that ip address so it doesn't get assigned to anything else.

I'd also suggest that if you have the means and desire, buy your own router and free yourself from the tyranny of the ISP provided one.
Will definitely look into a new router (are Asus ones any good?). Also, regarding the steps you gave, how do I find the range that my laptop has/what do you mean by that? (192.168.0.xxx is in the same range as 192.168.0.xxx?) Also, by plug the NVR into the laptop what do you mean? cuz the only connections my laptop has is HDMI and USB...