Hikvision DX-2CD2132 blur issue

billtetley

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I just installed a 2.8mm hikvision 2132 camera above my garage doors. The issue I'm having is the left 1/4 of the image is blurry. If you look at the attached image the grass/mailbox/tree and anything in the street on the left side are much less "focused" than the rest of the image. Is this normal? I have 2 4mm cameras that are fine, along with a varifocal dome..all hikvision. I used a lens cleaning cloth on the camera lens and also cleaned the housing cover...but there was no change. I noticed the foam piece surrounding the lens can be pushed in, but I'm assuming that's just to buffer the lens from the clear dome housing. Anyway, here is a pic.

Thank you.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In a recent thread about the new 4MP cameras from HIK, another user had exactly the same blur at the left hand side of the image from the new cameras with a 2.8mm lens, but had crisp and clear images with the 4mm lens. To my understanding these two events can not be a coincidence. Two reasons for this problem. 1. misaligned lens on the sensor board, 2. an optically distorted (bad) lens.
Since the cameras from the two instances are different models and production batches, I would bet that the lenses used are the same components of poor quality. Remember a good quality lens is one of the three most expensive components in any camera.
Anyone with a 2.8mm lens camera could post images for comparison.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same issue with mine. However, mine looks quite a bit worse than yours. Have a thread on it if you want to compare.

billtetley

n3wb
Reaction score
I messed up the model. It's a DS-2CD...not DX. I see what you're saying though. I have some DS-2CD2132f-IWS cameras that I was going to use somewhere else. I'm going to swap it with the one I have up there now and see if the image is any better.

billtetley

n3wb
Reaction score
Same issue with mine. However, mine looks quite a bit worse than yours. Have a thread on it if you want to compare.
do you have a link?

It was worse than this, but I was able to mess with the "lens cover" or whatever the plastic is that surrounds the actual glass. I pushed that around and pulled it out a bit and it made a little difference, but nothing major. This was the best I could get it.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I messed up the model. It's a DS-2CD...not DX. I see what you're saying though. I have some DS-2CD2132f-IWS cameras that I was going to use somewhere else. I'm going to swap it with the one I have up there now and see if the image is any better.

That is what I figured :)

I was able to make it noticeably better by turning off WDR. Try that.

billtetley

n3wb
Reaction score
That is what I figured :)

I was able to make it noticeably better by turning off WDR. Try that.
I'll give this a shot too.

On a side note, If I'm not going to use the alarm and microphone pigtails that come on the IWS series camera, can I just cut them off? Otherwise I can't tuck all that extra wiring in my siding.

billtetley

n3wb
Reaction score
So I swapped the camera with another 2.8mm of the same model and here is the result.

extremely clear...no blur at all.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Despite having alot of Hikvision stuff. I don't think the actual assemble and QC of these cameras is the best. But they are cheap and great quality... so....