Hikvision EasyIP 3.0, What is it ?

woodsie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thus far it appears that it create two higher resolution options (5MP and 8MP) in their budget camera configurations as well as two low light options (3MP and 2MP).

Both the higher resolution and low light bullet points were only met previously by their higher end cameras as far as I can tell under the "4-Line" group.

It also looks like all of these cameras in all configurations now have microSD card slots onboard which is something you previously couldn't get on their bullets and turrets IIRC.

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So it's prefer to take the 3MP or 5MP ?
As I know in the 2-line 3MP isn't good with the dark.

These cameras will work with 7608NI-E2 NVR?

Regards.

woodsie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So it's prefer to take the 3MP or 5MP ?
As I know in the 2-line 3MP isn't good with the dark.

These cameras will work with 7608NI-E2 NVR?

Regards.
The 3MP should be better than the 5MP for low light according to Hikvision's stats. With that said the Easy IP 3.0 5MP and 8MP cameras should be better than the older 2-line 3MP cameras once again based on Hikvision's published specifications.

I don't see any reason they wouldn't work with the 7608NI-E2 but I did have an issues with my 7608NI-SE/P and newer cameras at one point but it was a firmware issues. Some of the firmware on newer cameras doesn't not support plug and play functionality on older NVRs. The cameras still worked but they had to be manually configured in the NVR settings. I don't know if that issue will come up on your NVR or not. It's solveable though either way.

TJ01

n3wb
Reaction score
I think the 7608NI-E2 can support up to 6mp. At least that was on the specifications when I purchased it last year. Maybe a software update might've changed it.