Hikvision Error 246520

StefanB

n3wb
Reaction score
My local has an older Hikvision DVR.
Did the Hik Connect thing for them in turn of a few beers (admittedly, quite a few - they kept bringing them whilst I seemed busy....)

Anyway. Online viewing died yesterday. "Video playing failed. Error Code: (246520)

Popped in ths morning and rebooted the device, which seems to have fixed the problem.

All good and well. But the only other direct reference to this error I can find on Google states that rebooting did NOT solve the issue.

So I'm left with the nagging feeling that this is going to come back to haunt me. Any thoughts?

Attachments

Razordogz

n3wb
Reaction score
My local has an older Hikvision DVR.
Did the Hik Connect thing for them in turn of a few beers (admittedly, quite a few - they kept bringing them whilst I seemed busy....)

Anyway. Online viewing died yesterday. "Video playing failed. Error Code: (246520)

Popped in ths morning and rebooted the device, which seems to have fixed the problem.

All good and well. But the only other direct reference to this error I can find on Google states that rebooting did NOT solve the issue.

So I'm left with the nagging feeling that this is going to come back to haunt me. Any thoughts?
Hi, I'm kind of in the same boat but have a solution too. Firstly buy an app called TinyCam Pro it's a couple of quid from Play Store, you can have the cctv images displayed on your home screen on your phone as widgets and they update every 4 seconds or so and you can select WiFi only so it does this without taking your data. In TinyCam app press the 3 dashes in top left and select Main Stream this is important because all of my cameras work in Main I have 2 cameras that no matter what I do I can't view them in Sub Stream. I get the error 246250 in the Hik Connect app but I can see all of my cameras in Tinycam and I assume the dvr is hooked up to a monitor and you can monitor the cctv just fine that way. Anyway back to Tinycam here are my settings in the app, you'll need to go to no-ip and create a DDNS to view away from home with a public IP address
Cam brand - Hikvision
Model - DS-7204HWI-SH
Host 192.168.xxx.xxx
Web port 80
Protocol rtsp over tcp
Rtsp port 554
User admin
Password xxxx
Now onto
Advanced settings
Autoupdate remote ip (tick box)
Remote host xxxx.hopto.org
Remote Port 80
Remote rtsp port 554
Channel 1
Tap back button tap camera status and you should have an image enter same details for each camera just change channel number.

I think hik connect is using sub stream which is why you're getting the error like I am too but I still get line detection notifications with video

On the dvr though go to settings-network-general- ddns fill in the info for your No-ip ddns for external viewing.

Tap platform tab
Untick stream encryption tab
Go to record-parameters
Make sure all bit rates for each camera main stream continuous and main stream event are set at 1792 with full frame rate
With sub-stream I can't resolve this to work with 2 of my cameras but I think it's the video encoding H264, I have no option to change it that's the only thing in the box to select

Razordogz

n3wb
Reaction score
Also if you got to add you should be able to see the dvr instead of showing up a random name it now shows it as an ip address, so you can delete the one that says failed with the error code, the other image is displayed in the Hik connect app and yes it shows as its a streaming fail but it's not failed its streaming fine and does notify you of line crossing but you just have the annoying banner in the wayScreenshot_2020-12-17-23-07-28-919.jpgScreenshot_2020-12-17-23-11-39-010.jpg

StefanB

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks.
Problem hasn't appeared again. Will keep your solution in mind if it does.