Hikvision/EZVIZ C4s 3MP IR dome camera, how to connect?

dj_gahann

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day all!

Last weekend I bought mentioned camera, full type number CS-C4S-52WEFR, here in China planning to connect it to my Synology NAS.

After a bit of fiddling about I've come to the following conclusions:

- Camera will connect to the native Chinese EZVIZ app, but not to its English version even though the process of adding it is exactly the same (via QR code or serial number).
- Camera cannot be found thru 3rd parties software such as iVMS or even by simply browsing to its IP address as listed by my router, a simple network ping will however return a reply.
- Camera cannot be added to the EZVIZ web interface, it's never found.

So it seems to me the only way to connect to this camera would be thru a full address with user credentials in it, but this information is not easy to get by.

Besides simply sniffing the network does anyone maybe have a few suggestions I may try? The camera seems a very solid build and image quality very clear, so it'd be a waste if I can't use it (especially seeing the no-return policy all vendors have here).

Thanks and greetings from China!

Lawrence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As far as I know EZVIZ devices will be available over the network ONLY through the EZVIZ account. The EZVIZ devices don't have embeded web interface neither can be added directly in iVMS4200.
There should be special iVMS4200 version, available in the camera bundle, or you could request the seller - which will allow you to connect to the EZVIZ account and have full access to the camera live view and settings. Alternatively you can see the camera live/playback through the EZVIZ web interface by loggin into your account.