hikvision firefox "your browser is not supported"

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, now you have me worried, by custom are you 'suggesting' that the firmware I obtained from the genuine Hikvision Portal may have been modified by parties other than Hikvision? Because despite my moniker and background, it has not been modded by me.

I got nothing from the url on any browser, and when I do the last suggestion I get a screen full of info that may be too much to C&P

This is getting intriguing to say the least

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, did some more research and found that the FW I used (190909) is only available on the EU portal, the last one on the UK portal is PC_R6_EN_STD_5.5.53_180730.zip So I d/l that one , used batch configuration and installed it to one unit

Bingo... I can now use Pale Moon (with vlc plugin) and not only log on, but view and edit the camera

I am now trying to find the 190220 file (other than Russian ftp) and will try that. ** found it on the USA site **

Maybe the 190909 was a 'test/custom' that should not be posted ?

OK, the 190220 file does the same thing browser not supported

Dropping 180730 back on them both and walking away :) Lights out and door closed

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Bingo... I can now use Pale Moon (with vlc plugin) and not only log on, but view and edit the camera
Interesting! And a useful result to your experiment.
Maybe the 190909 was a 'test/custom' that should not be posted ?

OK, the 190220 file does the same thing browser not supported
When I said 'custom' that was probably not the best word.
What I was thinking was that the devType code in that unusual camera may trigger a subset of the firmware's capabilities that deliberately does not include a web GUI.

When recently looking at the R6 firmware, in the context of tweaking it when it's running on a HiWatch IPC-T140 'not smart' camera, there is a bewildering array of models that the firmware capabilities adapt to. There are models that don't even have basic events, never mind smart events. All running on the same hardware.
And it's real spaghetti-like code, very convoluted, plenty of room for errors.
So the lack of web GUI on that firmware might just be a decision that was made.
Or it might just be a bug.

Dropping 180730 back on them both and walking away :) Lights out and door closed
Probably very sensible. Put a sticky label on them just in case you forget ...

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Something was bugging me, so as time is available currently....

My main machine is a brand new NUC with Windows 10 1909 pro and this I 'thought' was clean as such.

I had a recent issue where chrome would not update to the latest version and nothing I tried resolved the issue, I then had an issue with a recent windows update that would not install, so I began to wonder if something may be out of wack.

I have Macrium Reflect so I did a full backup.

I reinstalled Windows 10 direct from Microsoft (as always) applied all updates and patches and installed normal apps using ninite, then tried to access the NVR using various browsers, I started with Brave as discussed above, as normal it connects OK but no video, it says install the webcomponents thingy, but that does nothing, I then installed the ie tab extension and for the first time in ages I have video, I then tried chrome and it too had video once the ie tab i used.

!!!!

It has taken me a good few hours to get to this point, but I am now sure that at some point the NEW install went out of wack, how and when I have no clue, I keep this machine clean, all my 'testing' is done on others :)'

I will try the firmware 190909 on one unit and see if the loss reoccurs.

UPDATE
190909 IS DEFINITELY ROGUE, SAME ISSUES AS BEFORE

Last edited:

AMP

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
For anyone who might still be stuck accessing a camera, this worked for me on Windows 11. I couldn't get one camera I have to open with IE Tab, IE compatibility mode, or any browser I tried, but thankfully, this let me into the camera.