HikVision Firmware with LTS NVR

Fry

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Is it possible to update an LTS Securities NVR with a HikVision firmware? Like with the cameras?
its an LTS LTN0764 and i think the hik is DS-9664NI-I8.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
LTS has not updated its firmware for this NVR in 2 years. I would tend to think your NVR will not accept the firmware. Or you may end up bricking it. Let everyone know what happens if you try it. This type of question (Hik FW to LTS NVR) has been around forums for 3 years with no definitive answer.

Fry

n3wb
Reaction score
as far as i can tell the motherboard is model ds-80088 and it comes back as ds-8632n. i have yet to make serial communications with it with its rs232 port so i will not attempt to cross flash it until then.

Fry

n3wb
Reaction score
ok i have flashed version V3.4.4 build 170526 that i have downloaded from the European portal. should i try it as a us version?

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would be apprehensive. But it’s your NVR. It will either work, reject the firmware, or mess up the NVR.

Fry

n3wb
Reaction score
I gave it a try as I did get serial access. It was a 140mb file but was in a dav format end errored out on a header issue. I did find version 3.4.5 under discontinued products. And flashed that successfully. I'm not sure you can "brick" these as I'm pretty sure you can't overwrite the bootloader. Had a real bad time flashing a camera once.

Fry

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes that is how I used it. 115200 speed.