Hikvision Gen2 Intercom with Blue Iris

keyman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm planning on running a few Hikvision IP cameras with Blue Iris and have also planned to get the intercom kit that comes with the door station. I just wanted to find out if it's possible to use Blue Iris to record 24/7 from the intercom camera whilst also having the door station connected and acting as a doorbell and live view?

This is the intercom kit I am planning on purchasing: Hikvision Gen2 IP Modular Intercom Kit for Homes (Surface Mount) – Security Wholesalers
  • Hikvision 2nd Gen DS-KD8003-IME1 IP Intercom, Door Station with Camera, 1x Button, IP65, 12VDC/POE
  • Hikvision 2nd Gen. DS-KD-ACW1 Intercom, Door Station Housing, Surface Mount, Supports 1 Module
Thanks.

Badriver

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm considering the same.
Did you had any luck? It sounds very plausible to me.
Thanks

Dragoat

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I have this setup. Got tired of using the HIKVision NVR and instead purchased a PC and installed Blue Iris. Can confirm that the DS-KD8003-IME works great with BI, records 24/7 and I even get motion detection and alerts. Couldnt get this with the HIK NVR.
The only thing I am missing is getting alerts through to BI when someone presses the button. Also not able to unlock the gate from BI. I still need to use the HIK software for this.
If you have a solution to that it would be appreciated.

P100D

n3wb
Reaction score
Dragoat, did you have any luck finding the solution for unlocking the gate via BI? Thanks!

P100D

n3wb
Reaction score
Never did, no :(
Thanks for coming back..One other weird issue, is that I programmed in the inside stations, multiple network cameras, which work fine besides the main station cam...However when I connect via HIK Connect to open the gate via configured the same inside station, I see teh main station cam but when I try to see the additional nw cams, it goes up to 98% and then says poor connection reconnect, which is BS...

Dragoat

n3wb
Reaction score
I used to have the 98% issue a lot and it turned out to be a bandwidth issue. Never had a problem since moving my gate to power lines and upgrading the home to fast fibre.