Hikvision help needed

russ997

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi.
I hope somebody can help as I am stumped.
I have been using 4 x DS-2CD2342WD Turret cams with a Hikvision 7600 4 channel NVR all about 3 years old and UK versions.
I have now purchased a 7600 8 channel NVR and some additional Hikvision cameras again all UK versions.
The new cameras plugged into the new NVR have worked perfectly and instantly.
The older 4 cameras plugged into the new NVR are not and I am getting under camera management 'offline user password error.
I have used the same password for the new NVR as the old NVR to keep things simple.
If I plug the old cameras directly into my router I can log into each camera no problem and the same if I plug them back into the old NVR they show up straight away.
I have messed about for several hours now and done lots of searches online but hit a brick wall.
I am sure its something simple but I am too simple to figure it out!
Can anybody help please?
Many thanks in advance.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What IP address are the old cameras and the new cameras? Could the new cameras have the same address as the old ones?

Did you try to manually add the old cameras?

russ997

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. According to the NVR which is on 192.168.0.64, the cameras are on 192.168.254.xx
I have tried to manually add the cameras to the NVR under camera management but it still states they are offline.
If I plug one of the cameras into the router and then change the IP address of a camera to say 192.168.0.60 then I can log into the camera fine.
I just cannot get the new NVR to accept the cameras.
Would updating the firmware on the old cameras help?

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try a camera update, I have had to do that before to see a camera. I was suggesting the simplest explanations first.

russ997

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anybody point me in the right direction for the firmware update for the DS-2CD2342WD cameras?

I have looked on Hikvision site but cannot see the same camera.

Many thanks.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If your NVR has POE ports, just reset the cameras to factory settings, plug them on a POE port, and let the NVR configure them with plug and play.

russ997

n3wb
Reaction score
If your NVR has POE ports, just reset the cameras to factory settings, plug them on a POE port, and let the NVR configure them with plug and play.
Hi
Yes I tried that but it still doesn't detect them. I thought that would do the trick but no joy.
Anything else I can try?
Thanks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Suggestion:
Assuming that the camera ports are unchanged from the defaults, and that the camera passwords are known and are configured in the NVR web GUI Camera Management page, with the channel set to Manual, protocol set to Hikvision, management port=8000.
In the NVR web GUI, note down the IP addresses of the channels you'd like to connect the cameras to.
Temporarily connect your PC/laptop into an unused NVR PoE port.
Using SADP, manually assign each required camera the same IP address as that of the channel it's connected to, as noted earlier.
Re-connect the PC/laptop as normal, and check NVR Live View.

*edit* What's the model of the new NVR?

russ997

n3wb
Reaction score
Suggestion:
Assuming that the camera ports are unchanged from the defaults, and that the camera passwords are known and are configured in the NVR web GUI Camera Management page, with the channel set to Manual, protocol set to Hikvision, management port=8000.
In the NVR web GUI, note down the IP addresses of the channels you'd like to connect the cameras to.
Temporarily connect your PC/laptop into an unused NVR PoE port.
Using SADP, manually assign each required camera the same IP address as that of the channel it's connected to, as noted earlier.
Re-connect the PC/laptop as normal, and check NVR Live View.

*edit* What's the model of the new NVR?
It is a DS 7608NI

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I should have asked what model of cameras.
For older NVRs, there could be some compatibility problems.

NI-E or NI-SP or NI-I or NI-K1 or NI-K2 ?
The NI-E and NI-SP have limitations - though the others should be OK with current model cameras.

russ997

n3wb
Reaction score
I should have asked what model of cameras.
For older NVRs, there could be some compatibility problems.

NI-E or NI-SP or NI-I or NI-K1 or NI-K2 ?
The NI-E and NI-SP have limitations - though the others should be OK with current model cameras.

The cameras are not that old. They are DS-2CD2342WD cameras and they work perfectly on the 4 channel NVR I have that is the same model as the new 8 channel.

I am sure I will kick myself when I work it out.