Hikvision in the UK

Newbuser

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Have spent many hours, and have many more, researching an IPcam. Found Hikvision then after more reading realised they no longer Sell to end user? I'm based in UK and wonder if I find a Hikvision on ebay or elsewhere I assume I have no right thier tech advice etc?

Is there anyway around this or another brand that is available to the end user officially that is reliable?

Thanks

Newbuser

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on this. Alot of companies advertise they are Authorised resellers but I guess they arent quite being honest! Can't believe how much work it is to find a reputable brand available to the end user!

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Quite a few of the sellers in the uk I purchased some items from now require you to register a trade account with them. I always wondered if you have to be an installer to get your account authorised or as long as you have a vat number?

I am registered for vat but the business isn’t cctv related so it would have been nice to purchase kit within the uk.

Anyone know the in and outs of getting a trade account?

Newbuser

n3wb
Reaction score
Defcon thanks for the reply. I believe the reason for the accounts is as per the reply above. They now seem to sell to trade only. I assume dahua are the same. Leaving someone who wants a decent setup with support after that isn't trade... Stuck!

I assume each company would have thier own requirements maybe just pick one and ask. Are you based in UK and can I ask which company you used out of interest?

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It seems anyone can open a “trade account” with a UK Hikvision re-seller. However Hikvision “Official Seller” accounts are trade only and are where the best prices are.

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That’s interesting. I know the re-sellers prices were always very high but a few I dealt with which I won’t mention gave me a code to enter during checkout which gave a huge discount and there wasn’t much difference in price compared to AliExpress especially if you claimed uk vat back like I do.

I must look into this.