Hikvision IP Camera web access hanging

Jon Barber

n3wb
Reaction score
One of my Hikvision cameras has stopped working properly through its web interface - once successfully logged in, it becomes very slow and non-responsive, it's almost impossible to modify settings via the web interface.

I have two DS-2CD2132F-IS IP cameras (old is v5.2.5 b141211 and new is v5.3.0 b150513). I use them through iVMS-4500 on iOS and through a Synology NAS Survelliance Centre (via a Windows 7 64-bit PC). They have separate IP addresses and I have port-forwarding set up on my router so they can be viewed remotely.

Since adding the new camera to the network, the old camera has become very slow, almost inaccessible via its web interface. It causes the browser I am using to hang frequently and it is very difficult to modify any settings - I have tried through the latest versions of IE, Chrome and Firefox and all hang when trying to administer the camera through the web interface. The new camera has absolutely no issues through the web interface.

Apart from the web interface issue, the old camera is functioning fine, it raises alerts to the Survelliance Centre, can be viewed and video recorded without issue.

I have tried deleting all browser cookies, etc., rebooting/resetting the (old) camera but the web interface still becomes non-responsive.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Jon

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
my guess would be that adding the new camera caused your system to install a newer version of whatever plugin is used to
access/manage the cam in the browser, and the new plugin doesn't work well with the old cam. try removing the plugin
entirely, then browse to the old cam and let it reload the (old) plugin to verify. you may need to update your old
cam's firmware (careful!) so they can use the same version of the plugin, or perhaps 'downgrade' the new
cam back to 5.2.5?...