hikvision ip cameras with dual stream

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello, I ask if anyone can tell me if there are ip dome or bullet hikvision cameras with vision in both low quality and high quality .. I have low upload not even 1 mb
thank you

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
hello, I ask if anyone can tell me if there are ip dome or bullet hikvision cameras with vision in both low quality and high quality .. I have low upload not even 1 mb
thank you
I know theHikvision "ColorVu" series have 3 streams to choose from. Sub-stream max resolution is 640 x 480. The Third Stream max resolution is 1280 x 720P.

Screenshot taken from a DS-2CD2347G2-L

hik-stream.png

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks, I forgot to write if in the playback they have the double recording in hd and low quality sd
thanks

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm not sure i understand what you're asking. If you are asking something? If its asking about ability to record more than one stream to the local storage (SD card) and play that back from the camera UI, then I'm not sure as i don't do that. I record to BlueIris. A quick look at the recording schedule > advanced settings seems to suggest that you can only record one stream to SD card as i cant select multiple options from the list, but thats purely a guess.

hik-stream-record.png

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not sure i understand what you're asking. If you are asking something? If its asking about ability to record more than one stream to the local storage (SD card) and play that back from the camera UI, then I'm not sure as i don't do that. I record to BlueIris. A quick look at the recording schedule > advanced settings seems to suggest that you can only record one stream to SD card as i cant select multiple options from the list, but thats purely a guess.

View attachment 126517
I'll explain, I have a uniview nvr and when I want to see the playback I can watch it in low quality because my adsl has a very low upload, if I look at it in hd it can't upload. so i would like to understand if hikvision can record in 2 quality so as to use low quality to view playback

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is an issue with the NVR, not the camera. The NVR is doing the recording and is up to the NVR and its capabilities as to if it can record both simultaneously, but the camera can certainly provide both feeds to the NVR.

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is an issue with the NVR, not the camera. The NVR is doing the recording and is up to the NVR and its capabilities as to if it can record both simultaneously, but the camera can certainly provide both feeds to the NVR.
thank you, so can the camera do this too?

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll explain, I have a uniview nvr and when I want to see the playback I can watch it in low quality because my adsl has a very low upload, if I look at it in hd it can't upload. so i would like to understand if hikvision can record in 2 quality so as to use low quality to view playback
For instance, on my Hikvision NVR I am recording dual streams (main and sub) from 8 Hik cameras... The NVR will only playback 4 4K cameras but I can playback all cameras together if I use the sub stream recordings... It works really well on the NVR playback providing a sort of time lapse on all the cameras as I move the time slider...

But... Hik-connect only allows playback of the main streams so it doesn't help with remote playback which in my case has terrible performance despite seemingly adequate upload and download speeds through the connection.

So, if your UniView NVR can be set to record both streams and whatever remote client you are using can be set to playback the sub-stream you are all set!

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you, but is there a camera brand that does this job without putting nvr?

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @ste92

I'm not really clear on what you are asking, but Hikvision and most other IP cameras do have at least 2 streams... can you provide more details about the equipment and software you have now?

IAmWatchingYou!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just thought I'd chime in with an answer to the OPs questions since everyone was super lost on this one, and this thread turned up in the Google searches.

I have both a relatively new Dahua 4K Color (4k-T) and a Hikvision 4K Colorvu.

While the Dahua app makes it look like their cameras can record simultaneous dual streams (Go to DMSS app, 3 dots on the camera > Stream Setting > choose which stream to use for live and playback), they only record on stream, and if you choose the low quality stream for playback in the app, it will in fact playback the HQ stream.
Sadly, you can only record one stream onboard with the Hikvision as well.

So this means if you record the main stream onboard, you are stuck with only being able to play back the main stream, including on the mobile app. This obviously results in high bandwidth usage, choppy, and delayed playback over mobile networks unless you have your recording parameters (fps, resolution, quality) turned down or have some extreme bandwidth through your mobile provider. This is clearly a major deficiency for anyone using local playback and recording, and not using an NVR that can record and play dual streams.

Last edited: