Hikvision IP outdoor camera - memory card suddenly not show

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an old Hikvision ip camera from 2017 with a 128 GB high class memory card. It sometimes has moisture inside, but it usually dries up in nice weather.

Now, however, more it's failing spite very nice weather the last days. The memory card no longer appears in Storage and then of course I can't save videos or photos either.

I have tried going back to older setups as well as cold starting the camera, with no help. As the camera is remote 300 km from me, I don't dare (can't) do a full restore to default settings. I'm also not sure if that solves the issue. (I am not on the spot before late april).

Is there a trick I can try now?
Is 5-6 years of using a memory card in an outdoor camera the end of its life? (It has been full/overprinted most of the time and formatted 3-4 times).

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, some have only got like 2 years out of an SD card.

If you are doing continuous instead of motion, it will wear it out faster.

It sounds like it is time to replace the card.

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi wittaj,
Thanks, It may be, but I read sometimes that such card should last 10 years. I don't save continious, but sometimes for hours. I think I use some months to fill it up. Thereafter it overwrite the memory needed. I think total number of overwrite to be between 10 and 20 times.