Hikvision ip password problem cannot access cam

tamernator

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I am trying to setup my system I have an above average knowledge of networking understanding dhcp etc.
I have SADP tool setup and it’s showing the camera active, DHCP is off and the date is showing 1970-01-01. I do not know the password to the cam.
I have tried the password tool on here by inputting the serial number and also tried the xml file to no avail.
I have scanned the wrong code on the cam and it directs me to a Chinese site y7k.com so I don’t know where to go from here.
I can access the camera direct login but obviously without password cannot do much.
It has now been locked after failed password attempts.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
For that version of firmware (5.5.12) you will need to use the 'forgot password' link in SADP and send the resulting XML file to Hikvision Tech Support for them to send you an unlock file.
The camera needs to stay powered on until the reset code is returned.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a thought - if the camera has been 'Activated' by the NVR on one of its PoE ports - try the NVR password for the camera.

tamernator

n3wb
Reaction score
I think it was activated using the nvr but getting it to show a picture was a different story

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

tamernator

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you saying that you can now successfuly access the camera web GUI by using the NVR admin password?

I believe that old model NVR is limited to 1080p recording resolution, so you'd have to drop the camera resolution down quite a bit.
Could that be what the problem is?
Also when I connect the nvr to my new hd tv it flickers. Could this also be a resolution problem

tamernator

n3wb
Reaction score
Could that be what the problem is?
Also when I connect the nvr to my new hd tv it flickers. Could this also be a resolution problem
Sorry I didn’t read the first part of your reply regarding the gui, yes I can access the camera web gui but I do not know the password
Thanks

tamernator

n3wb
Reaction score
Another question regarding the xml password file where do I send it to?
Also I cannot remember where and when I purchased the camera will they still help me?
Thanks