hikvision IR leds

scav

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! I got 1x2cd2332 and 1x2cd2335 camera. I would like to know what is lifespan of IR leds installed in these cameras. Do you think if it is possible to exchange the IR leds after lifespan ends. (too dark picture etc)? What type of IR is used there? What wavelenghts? Thanks for answer.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
850nm. Do yourself a favour and use an external illuminator rather than wasting time and money fixing the internal ones. For outdoor cameras I generally turn the built-in IR off if possible and make sure there's enough white light to do the job. If not, then I'll add an external illuminator. If yours are for indoor use or you're really stuck on fixing them, maybe somebody has a specific recommendation for those cameras. If not, the IR LED rings are all over Ebay, Amazon, and Ali for dirt cheap.

cctvuknut

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
850nm. Do yourself a favour and use an external illuminator rather than wasting time and money fixing the internal ones. For outdoor cameras I generally turn the built-in IR off if possible and make sure there's enough white light to do the job. If not, then I'll add an external illuminator. If yours are for indoor use or you're really stuck on fixing them, maybe somebody has a specific recommendation for those cameras. If not, the IR LED rings are all over Ebay, Amazon, and Ali for dirt cheap.
Can you recommend a good illuminator please ? , looking to try one

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
For what job? Indoors or out? Matched with what FOV on the camera? A small good quality Swiss Army knife equivalent is this one though- http://wrightwoodsurveillance.com/product/wrightwood-tri-illuminator-with-power-supply/

If you want cheaper, pick one with the same big LEDs over the ones with dozens of tiny ones. Try and match the spread to your cam's FOV if you're replacing the built-in IR. If you're supplementing it you might want to go a bit narrower but shoot it over potential face targets to lighten up the background. Seems strange but it'll help reduce overexposure of faces from people coming close to the built-in IR from the cam. Depends on your scene and the background though. Go on Amazon and look at all the reviews and sample pictures. Ignore the folks who love seeing a bright dot in the middle of their wide scene unless you use a few of them to more evenly light your whole scene.

cctvuknut

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For what job? Indoors or out? Matched with what FOV on the camera? A small good quality Swiss Army knife equivalent is this one though- http://wrightwoodsurveillance.com/product/wrightwood-tri-illuminator-with-power-supply/

If you want cheaper, pick one with the same big LEDs over the ones with dozens of tiny ones. Try and match the spread to your cam's FOV if you're replacing the built-in IR. If you're supplementing it you might want to go a bit narrower but shoot it over potential face targets to lighten up the background. Seems strange but it'll help reduce overexposure of faces from people coming close to the built-in IR from the cam. Depends on your scene and the background though. Go on Amazon and look at all the reviews and sample pictures. Ignore the folks who love seeing a bright dot in the middle of their wide scene unless you use a few of them to more evenly light your whole scene.
Thanks for the reply and the tips , its for outdoor use with a 12mm lens 4mp Ip camera

Yes was going to try supplementing the onboard IR but may end up switching these off

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
That should be a good match. It's easier to find an illuminator with a wider spread than the FOV for a 12mm camera. You'll love running with the onboard turned off. If on the coast and gets lots of fog in addition to rain, snow, bugs, etc. My only outdoor cam at home with onboard IR running is the PTZ and it's half blinded in poor weather.