hikvision IR

bslow47

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all,
Wondering if anyone has had trouble with the night vision IR on your hikvision cameras.
I have a hikvision DS-2DE3304W-DE and all works fine except the IR appears to be not working. I go to the PTZ control option then the IR and it is set to auto.
During the day I set it to on and the screen goes to black and white as it should. Have not had a chance to do this at night to see if manually I can turn on the IR
since I am not around the cameras at that time.

So, has anyone had a similar issue?

Thanks,

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like the model noted has an IR cut filter, but no illuminators. You've shared that you successfully enabled it manually during the day, but not yet at night. But you have not shared any insight as to why you've felt the need to look into this. Additional details would be helpful.

Was the cam purchased from an authorized hik re-seller?

bslow47

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks like the model noted has an IR cut filter but no illuminators. You've shared that you successfully enabled it manually during the day but not yet at night. But you have not shared any insight as to why you've felt the need to look into this. Additional details would be helpful.

Was the cam purchased from an authorized hik re-seller?
Thank you for your reply.

I am looking into this because when I view the recordings on that particular camera, it is dark compared to the others. Just see the lights that shine from yard lights and what they illuminate. I am not around the cameras at night since this is our office. Regarding the daytime operation of the camera, everything else works fine. All the PTZ controls, clarity, triggered recordings....etc.

The cameras were purchased in 2018/2019 through Amazon with a Hikvision store.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it doesn't have IR illuminators that is why it will be dark compared to the others. You would need to provide additional IR.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Also, if the night time lights are shining at, or towards the lens, it might be causing the camera to adjust its exposure, which will most likely cause the image to get darker

bslow47

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies,

All of the replies make sense. The camera description states Outdoor Day/Night. So I'm guessing Day/Night means no IR? But, as I stated before, and I know I need to do this at night,
but during the day I can manually turn on the IR and the view will be in Black and White. I am guessing now that in Blue Iris the IR "on, off, auto" is a generic setting that changes the
view to Black and White if there is no IR on the camera. When I log into the camera and go to day/night option it is set to "Auto" .
So that confuses me to why it is listed as a Day/Night camera.

So then, How do I add external IR then?

Thanks all,

As you can tell I am no IP camera expert but, I do learn so much from the board!

Hikvision DS-2DE3304W-DE Outdoor Day/Night Network Mini PTZ Dome Camera, 3MP, 4X Optical, 1080P, Surface Mount, POE/12VDC, H.264 Video Compression Format