Hikvision IVMS 4200 Alarm snapshot

TSAN

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Greetings,

Really struggling to get help from Hikvision support. They either A- do not know their own products or -B- do not wish to support their products. "Senior" technician telling that he has never heard of anyone wanting snapshot picture with alarm in IVMS and doesn't believe IVMS can do it. What?!

Hoping peeps with Hikvision experience can share their knowledge.

I have configured my NVR / Cameras for handful of smart events. Setup alarm notifications. It works properly in Hik-Connect android app. It works properly with IVMS 4200 when connecting to NVR via Hik-Connect account.

It does not work properly in IVMS 4200 when connecting to NVR via local IP. I do not get the alarm picture. It shows alarm picture box with error "configure related storage"
However if I go over to IVMS storage schedule config- The recording scheduled is enabled. The "capture schedule" is greyed out and cannot enable.
NVR web gui does not have a "capture schedule" - just recording schedule.
Cams themselves have both "capture schedule" + "Recording schedule" - yet with Hikvision fragmented "centralized" NVR solution nothing truly syncs like one would expect. The Cams do not directly see the NVRs HDD.

I do not want local IVMS systems using Hik-connect to go outbound to Hikvision server to hairpin turn back into same LAN. Wasting Inet bandwidth to view live streams. I want them to just connect locally.
This is apparently is very complicated for Hikvision support.

Summarize - My simple question is how can I get both alarm picture + playback in IVMS4200 when connecting to NVR via local IP. Its already working via Hik-Connect service. So what "storage related config" is even needed when using it locally?

NVR = DS-7616NI-Q2/16P
Cams = DS-2DE4A425IW-DE + DS-2CD2085G1-I

Thank you.

Last edited:

TSAN

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Finally - just got an email answer as to why capture schedule is unavailable. IVMS can get alarm pic but Hikvision NVR is incapable of producing alarm picture. A separate storage server with dedicated HDD partition is required. Storage sever being added to IVMS 4200 client to get alarm pic.
I think on next go around I'll checkout that Blue Iris cause not too impressed with NVRs centralized management / capabilities.
Thanks.