Hikvision Live View Ubuntu and Firefox

cctvwhiz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

there have always been issues with the live view in several browser. Especially under Linux, it has been tough to get the live view running (suggested solutions were, e.g., to use wine and to then install the windows plugin).
This was the case until yesterday. However, when I tried today, live view was working for the first time under Linux (and Firefox). I cannot remember any major changes or updates of Firefox and I am not using any workaround (e.g., such as wine).

Can anybody reproduce this behavior under Linux or does anybody have an explanation why the live view in the webbrowser is suddenly working for me, after all this time of no success? Or has this been solved already long time ago and I just fund out by accident?

Best regards

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Its because liveview does not necesarily needs plugins anymore. New models use websocket/s transmission.

cctvwhiz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the explanation!
Was this introduced via a firmware update? I didn't see a change in this regard in the changelog of the one firmware update I did some time ago.

megs

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the explanation!
Was this introduced via a firmware update? I didn't see a change in this regard in the changelog of the one firmware update I did some time ago.
I’d be interested to know as my cameras are 4 yrs old and I had to use IE to access the live video on the camera, used to able to use an app via Chrome but that doesn’t seem to work any more.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’d be interested to know as my cameras are 4 yrs old and I had to use IE to access the live video on the camera, used to able to use an app via Chrome but that doesn’t seem to work any more.
See this thread on how to easily run Internet Explorer....it works!!

megs

n3wb
Reaction score

I’m not at home at present and using an iPad and the updated IE now edge doesn’t work with live view, everything else does not live view but as I said my cameras are 4 yrs old

megs

n3wb
Reaction score
Starglow said:

How to enable Native Internet Explorer in Windows 11 to access your IP cams.
How to enable Native Internet Explorer in Windows 11 to access your IP cams. Open Notepad: Past the single line of code below: CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true Save as forceIE.vbs Make sure the the name ends in .vbs not .txt Your all set, click the new shortcut...
Well the link worked but no way could I log in remotely to live view.