Hikvision LPR DeepInView DS-2CD7A26G0-IZ(H)S

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For the last month or so I've been playing around and tweaking my new DS-2CD7A26G0-IZ(H)S. I've installed it in a tree nearby the roadway and it seems to be functioning well. I'm extremely pleased with my daytime captures but unfortunately my nighttime captures are poor. I'm interested to see if anyone has the same camera, or a similar Hikvison, and would be willing to share their capture settings. I'll also be posting a review of the camera and my set up once I get the settings dialed in.

Here are just two samples from my daytime captures

Video:

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with HiK cameras, I run 2 Dahua 5231 Z12's but here are some basic thoughts:

1- Bitrate is too low. Bump to at least 4096. I run 6144-8192. Also try CBR- Works better for me
2- Match iframe to fps.
3- More zoom will help. An LPR camera ideally only covers about the width to 2x the width of the car. You're trying to do too much with one camera
4- You'll need to use HLC at night to fight the headlights and tailights
5- You could use a bit more noise reduction at night (30-40)
6- Typically different exposure and other settings day vs night Does that camera allow separate day/night settings?

I think you have enough IR, but ideally at night the head/tail lights are just specs. May need to drop to 1/2000 exp.

See examples

Attachments

Last edited:

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes the camera allows for different day night settings. I'll take your advice into account and report back. Thanks

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You know, after watching those again with coffee, you may indeed be able to pull off that long FOV and still get plates. Try playing with those night settings to reduce the flare of the head/tail lights and up the bitrate. You should be fine with 30 FPS btw, many use less.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Update:

Based upon @bigredfish suggestions I changed a few settings on my LPR including the bitrate, HCL, frame rate and exposure. Happy to say the results are drastically improved to the point where LPR is now automatically detecting and reading and logging plates in complete darkness. I still believe I can get clearer results and will still change some setting around until I am 100% satisfied. Below are just two videos from over night where both plates are easily identified and read by the LPR without human intervention. Thanks @bigredfish.

Still looking for anyone out there that is using this Hikvision or a similar one to compare results.....

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Excellent! Glad those tips helped.

I think zoom may be your biggest challenge now.

Last edited:

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes it does. Thank you. Looks like your getting great results with the 4 series. And yes I believe you are correct. You can only use either road detection or smart events at one time. Not both at the same time.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The DeepinView are the newest "smart" cameras that Hik makes. From the Hik website "The Hikvision DS-2CD7A65G0-IZHS/8 DeepinView Outdoor Varifocal Network Dome Camera includes deep learning technology for human, vehicle, and face detection. It supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage. Darkfighter technology allows for viewing and recording in ultra low-light conditions."

Mine is also a Darkfighter with a 1/1.8 sensor. 2 MP Outdoor Varifocal Bullet Network Camera

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would assume with better technology and better mechanical parts like the 1/1.8 sensor you will get better plate grabs. As for the visor no that wont affect the camera that much. You might have to fool around with your HCL, WDR and exposure settings.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes I would agree. It uses Hikvision's AI algorithms. I'm very satisfied with mine.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Very nice camera. I have an earlier version 8-32mm that is not specified for LPR even though I use it for that. That is the only Hikvision camera that I have not changed out to 4MP. It works quite well where it is located.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Very nice camera. I have an earlier version 8-32mm that is not specified for LPR even though I use it for that. That is the only Hikvision camera that I have not changed out to 4MP. It works quite well where it is located.
Mine is going on 2 years strong mounted to the tree without issue

ajason

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just an update, I created a overview video for my Hikvision LPR. Enjoy

I just purchased a LTS version of the same camera (I think): LTCMIP7923WLPR-32R . I've reviewed the specs and they appears to be identical. I'm going to install in next week. (LTS is an authorized dealer of both Hikvision AND their own LTS brand of Hikvision gear. I have no idea why they have both "brands" and no one I've talked to at the company can explain it. Odd -- but I've used LTS gear for several years and they work well -- just like HV.)

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
LTS is just a OEM version of Hikvision. It might come with less bells and whistles so be aware. Good luck.