HikVision max bitrate keeps changing

Reaction score
This is really really annoying.

I've noticed that my recordings are really blocky, and to fix this, I set the max bitrate to 4096. After doing that, the picture is perfect. After about 5 mintues though, the video goes blocky again. Looking at the settings, it's reverted back to 32kb?!

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you changing it in the NVR or the cameras? I've found that I have to make the changes in the cameras for them to save properly.

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You sure can on mine. Try logging into the cams web interface and change/save the bitrate there.

Reaction score
Logging into the cam's web interface, I can set it to 4096, and after refreshing its still 4096. But after about 5 minutes, it changes back to 32kb :/

And it's not turning off or anything like that, because I can watch it via my NVR and it's on the whole time

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue. Did you ever find a solution? I've tried setting max-bitrate on the camera, and in the NVR. Last for about 5min, then back to 32kb.

I've had the camera a couple years, and it worked great for a while, but this is a new problem.. Not sure what changed to cause it. Super annoying.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is the connection from cameras to NVR good? I have seen that happen when the connection is bad (like with wifi), where the bitrate on the cameras get lowered so they can keep up with the available bandwidth.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It’s best to change the setting on the NVR. Also, when setting the bitrate on the NVR, hit the drop down for stream type, and select “event”. Then set the bitrate there as well. That may be where your lower bitrate setting is hiding

toysareforboys

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It’s best to change the setting on the NVR. Also, when setting the bitrate on the NVR, hit the drop down for stream type, and select “event”. Then set the bitrate there as well. That may be where your lower bitrate setting is hiding
OMG thanks so much! Worked fine for years then all of a sudden kept going back to a horrible bitrate. It was the "event" bitrate setting. All fixed, thanks!

-Jamie M.