Hikvision Mini NVR

Nova

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. New to the forum so please forgive any goof-ups! I've ordered a DS-2CD2032-I from Ali Express and plan to have 6 to 8 of them in the future. I have a poe switch that can handle four for now. I started researching a nvr since I don't think my computer is ideal for an ip setup (and my knowledge is limited). I've read about the DS-7600 series and think that may be a good option, but then I came across the Hikvision mini nvr DS-7108N-SN (8 channel) which looks really interesting for the price. I can't find anything on the US Hikvision website, but apparently it is new so I was hoping I could get a few opinions on it. It sells for approx. $100 dollars on Ali Express (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/1970562350.html). The specs say it has 50Mbps incoming and 40Mbps outgoing. Capable of 1080p resolution (I plan on running the cameras at 2mp), with decoding of 8ch/4cif,4ch/720p and 2ch/1080p. 1 sata interface up to 4tb. Anyone have any knowledge or experience with one of these? So far it seems the main difference on the specs from this one and that of the DS-7600 series is that the DS-7600 is capable of decoding up to 5mp and has two sata interfaces.

Thanks,Nova

Last edited by a moderator: