Hikvision mini PTZ invert image

olefart

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a single Hikvision mini ptz camera,3304, going through a laptop computer.
How do you invert the image on the laptop screen? It is upside down now.
I want to use it upright on a tripod, facing in the up position, as I will be watching and recording the heavens at night, while out camping in the back country.
This set up isn't a normal set up for security. I have the house covered, this is just playing around with a ptz camera.
I'm not using an nvr.
Is there a program for recording that I can download and use it to turn the screen to the proper position?
Or do I have to physically turn the camera in the case to get the picture to be facing the right direction?
I could use some input and help on the whole set up, using it out of a motor home with batteries and a generator.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a single Hikvision mini ptz camera,3304, going through a laptop computer.
How do you invert the image on the laptop screen? It is upside down now.
I want to use it upright on a tripod, facing in the up position, as I will be watching and recording the heavens at night, while out camping in the back country.
This set up isn't a normal set up for security. I have the house covered, this is just playing around with a ptz camera.
I'm not using an nvr.
Is there a program for recording that I can download and use it to turn the screen to the proper position?
Or do I have to physically turn the camera in the case to get the picture to be facing the right direction?
I could use some input and help on the whole set up, using it out of a motor home with batteries and a generator.
In the setup screens for the camera, there should be an option to flip the picture.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I should of found it there also ,but i didn't see it listed for the ptz??? I am also going through a laptop only no nvr.
image settings...mirror>center .... rotate>off

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The flip option is also missing for my DS-2DE2204IW-DE3 mini PTZ - in both browser and iVMS-4200.
Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 15.51.29.png