Hikvision Motion Detection Event Settings Getting Reset

perpetual nomad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight into why the schedule and alerting methods seem to spontaneously reset on the DS-2CD2032-I?

I'm using a combo of intrusion detection at night and motion detection during the day to help cut down on false positives. Every so often (like today) I'll be perplexed why the motion alert didn't fire off an email, only to discover the schedule has been reset and all the checkboxes have become unchecked.

10-16-2014 12-12-56 PM.jpg

fondue

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm running into this same issue running 1 camera using a synology nas as the storage and live view/recording interface. Every few days it will do this and googling the problem only brings up this old thread. I have it set up to use the camera for motion detection processing so via the camera's ip settings page I set the schedule and then it seemingly randomly goes back to all day motion detection.

Any ideas what might be causing this? As far as I know I'm not changing any settings for the camera in the synology app and its set to use the camera's settings.

fadsn001

n3wb
Reaction score
I have also the same problem here. Did you find any solution for this?

perpetual nomad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have also the same problem here. Did you find any solution for this?
I've since stopped using the mixture of the two schedules and avoid going to the configuration on the iVMS-4200 (PCNVR) at all costs. Never did get a fix in place beyond that.

lacibaci

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This happens when you use more than one interface to control settings. For example Synology SS, iVMS and camera (browser based) UI. Also, if using Synology SS, there is an option of preserving camera settings.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also have a similair problem. I have set Aiming schedule in camera. But each time it resets back to standard. How can i solve this? The camera's are connected to the NVR. I can change settings in NVR.
could it be the nvr which is setting them back to default?

fadsn001

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes the problem is with the NVR. I have solved this problem by setting the protocol of each camera to onvif on the NVR.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
wow. no other solution for it by keeping protocol ad onvif? is it that difficult to set a aiming schedule without getting it restored to default ? please helpp

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
20160408_164806.jpg
i want to set and keep it as this schedule. but after a while it gets back to
20160408_164818.jpg
camera is connected to nvr with a switch between them.so no poe.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No other way? So it is not possible, to connect the camera with HIKVISION protocol, and set different activating schedule inside camera, without getting it resetted after a while?? Please help!

cruunnerr

n3wb
Reaction score
The problem is, that the nvr is "the boss" and resets the settings of the cam when connecting with admin account. What you can do is, to make a new user in the cam with no rights (but live view) and name it "user" for example. Now you must connect the nvr and the cam with the new username "user" instead of "admin". the recorder now cant change any settings in the cam as it has no rights. I had the same problem in the beginning with truvision products (hikvision makes cams for truvision so its nearly the same).

Sry for my bad english...

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thank you veryy much for reply . i will try out asap.
your help is appreciated.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did what you advised, but today i found out, that there are no motion records at all!
The nvr and camera are set correctly, motion detection area,linkage time, schedule etc ALL set correct, but somehow it is not recording by motion. Continous recording works ok. why does this have to be that complicated?
The camera is added by Operator account ( not the admin account ) when i add as admin account it works ok, but then the motion detection event is getting resetted ( see above )