Hikvision motion settings

Reaction score
Hi. Hope someone can help.

We recently purchased a hikvision dome camera system ERI-Q10x-Px NVR and I am having problems understanding some things in the program regarding motion detection. We don’t want it to continuous record.....we want just motion but I am not sure if I set this up correctly. I put the schedule to record motion 24/7 but It still seems to record when a car drives by. I set the motion image parameters to record our driveway only.

I also saw on a YouTube video that the red icon on top right should not be there with motion on but it is. This also leads me to believe that it is still on continuous record. When I look at playback via app I can see everything it recorded during the day not just motion.

Also, what is the difference between motion and event?

I would appreciate your help. Thx.

ausmisc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

It may help to post some images of your schedule page and also the bottom bar in your playback.

If the bar in playback is blue and solid it's most likely set to continuous record. If its pink and has gaps its set to motion.

The motion regions aren't exactly accurate and you will get a lot of false recordings from shadows, leaves etc.

I have not used this NVR so I'm not 100% sure on the UI or its capabilities, if it's anything like the normal series you can enable rule overlay so you can see whats triggering motion.

Attachments