Hikvision Motion Specs

Jconerty

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick question:

Do the Hikvision cameras and NVR set to record only on motion kick in only once motion is detected; and if so does this sacrifice a small amount of time the motion is present before the recording starts? And also, after motion has ceased, what it the default time it continues to record after? The best I can guess is that is looks like it continues to record 10-15 seconds after motion is no longer detected.

Thanks!
Jim

CamFan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On my hiks in Milestone NVR, I set it to record on motion (as determined by in camera motion analysis) for 3 seconds prior to motion and 6 sec afterwards. All configurable in the Milestone menu for pre and post trigger record.

Jconerty

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, what section of the NVR did you configure this? I apologize and I am new to Hikvision equipment (so far a great product!).

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do the Hikvision cameras and NVR set to record only on motion kick in only once motion is detected
In the Hikvision environment, cameras and NVR, this is configurable.
The NVR will continuously buffer the video stream such that it can store video prior to the actual motion event, and after conclusion of the event, based on the settings within the camera web GUI.
Example below:
cam45.jpg

*edit* That above was for NAS NetHDD recording - sorry for any confusion.
This is for the NVR local HDD recording:
NVR_56.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: