HIKVision Network IP (IPs) question

ebelew

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm setting up a new NVR (DS-7616NI-E2/16P). I need it on my network with a static IP. In the Config menu there seems to be 2 fields for IPv4 address. It will not let me put them in the same range.

It gives me an error message and then defaults the top IP to 192.0.0.64

Which one needs the correct IP for me to access it from my LAN?

pcunite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you try DHCP? Then reboot the camera. Then, if your router will allow, set a static IP on the camera to what you like, reboot it again and it will use that from then on.

ebelew

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you try DHCP? Then reboot the camera. Then, if your router will allow, set a static IP on the camera to what you like, reboot it again and it will use that from then on.
Sorry, This is on the NVR itself, not the cameras. Would that matter.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It’s not letting change the lower one for a reason. You don’t want the lower in the same range as the upper one. The lower one is for the internal managed switch. That keeps the switch, and all the cameras off your network for security reasons.

ebelew

n3wb
Reaction score
You guys are correct. The upper IP is for managing on you network and the lower is to assign IP to the camera.

I just spent a long time putting my NVR at 192.168.*.* and the lower IP at 10.10.10.*

I then went through an changed all my camera IP's to match the 192.168.*.* scheme. Power went out in the house, NVR restarts and all the cameras go back to the 10.10.10.* scheme.

Now to put the NVR on the local LAN. I know I should be able to type the IP into a browser and get to it, but I wonder if I'll be able to see the camera? Learning is fun.

Thanks for you guys help.