HikVision Network ports for what?

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My 2CD2142FWD dome camera has four network ports in the configuration area. I get that the HTTP port is for browser based communication (video and config). Is there some simple explanation as to what the other three are used for and not used for? I guess that the 443 is used as encrypted http, for the same browser interface. I think that the “server port” is used by the proprietary Hikvision 4500 app only?

What uses the RTSP protocol/port? Is it push only? Is this the same as ONVIF? How are primary and secondary video streams selected? If there is a pdf or something that goes into this for novice users, I would appreciate that link information.

I was able to use the iVMS4500 android app to get to my camera directly via the LAN + wifi to phone as well as connect LTE to the WAN when I forwarded the 8000 port into my router to the static IP of the camera. I changed my router (from d-link to TP-Link), and now I cannot get the WAN to work. I will eventually set up a VPN through BI, but that is a few weeks away.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
RTSP (554) is what sends your video streams, all of em.

ONVIF is done over HTTP (80)

HTTPS is 443

and IVMS uses its own port for command/control, like getting lists of recordings, timeline data, etc.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
apparently my screen capture did make the last post... i have the WAN IP direct its 8000 traffic to the camera ip/8000 (no other forwarded servers or ports), and have the iVMS app set to the WAN ip and port 8000 as before, but no joy. iVMS Works fine to the local IP/port if i am on the local LAN. worked with the old router. should i open a path for 554?

Does a web browser or the iVMS app use RTSP for video (in addition to 80 and 8000), or is it a streamlined video protocol used by the NVR or others? or does the browser use an ONVIF plugin instead of RTSP?

upload_2017-1-24_12-4-16.png

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
usually iVMS gets the stream from the server port, everything else.. including the WebPlugin and ONVIF apps will use RTSP.