Hikvision Night Configuration

cosmarchy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS which I am really struggling to setup. All I want to do is to view number plates in the dark, or night time but all I cannot see the text - it's either blurred or a white rectangle. I don't need ANPR / LPR, just be clear and visible so I can see then through head light glare (and in the day time too!!)

I have it with the mounting scenario set to outside. It is physically on top of my bay, around 3 or 4 meters up and points approximately 30-40 degrees to the road parallel outside. I wouldn't have thought that was particularly far away??? It is the only place I can mount to get a full view of what I need.

I have tried setting the ROI but quite honestly I cannot see any difference when it's enabled to disabled. I have BLC and WDR both off and HLC maxed out at 15. Exposure time is 1/500 with a gain of 75.

My settings look like this:
Settings — Postimage.org
Does anyone have a guide as to how I can set this up properly?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

sirius99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
your image is showing as a broken link for me

cosmarchy

n3wb
Reaction score
your image is showing as a broken link for me
I couldn't get the img tag to work - it just point blank refused for some reason so I've updated it with a URL instead. Hopefully you will be able to see the image if you click on the link.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your exposure settings are 1/50, not 1/500.. turn off HLC and keep raising your shutter speed until you can get it.. try 1/1000 or higher, gotta tune shutter speed to the lighting avilable.. higher is generally better for moving objects.

having a test plate helps tuning greatly, each install is unique and requires different setups depending on angle of attack, speed of vehicles, amount of lighting and not lastly the camera its self.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your noise reduction seems a little high you have it at 50 which I would keep it under 35.

cosmarchy

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, thanks guys.

I'll have a play around with the settings you suggested and see what happens :)