Hikvision no go no way

JKMAC

n3wb
Reaction score
hello,
hikvision camera ds-2cd2t42wd-15 v5.3.3 build 150630 poe
nvr DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A v5.3.3 build 141126 poe . Got this new camera and thought there would be no connection problems ....wrong wrong .tried plug and play , tried changing address to 192.168.254.x, nothing . installed firmware on nvr still not connecting . camera works on router using original ip 192.168.1.64 . I have 5 other makes of cameras all working faultlessly . HIKVISION EUROPE not responding . any pointers would be of great help .

bhoth

n3wb
Reaction score
Was it an OEM brown box camera? If so I have the same one. You first need to use SADP to connect and change the IP address and the gateway. Instead of setting a new password you must use the existing password which is 12345 in SADP. Now you can log into the cameras website and make additional changes. If you are in the USA, pm me and I can walk you through it on the phone.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what is the internal ip of your nvr ?.

start there =)

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
its normally less problems if you set ip and ports etc manually than leaving it to some auto-mode. and yes use SADP tool to change the basic stuff as bhoth said

JKMAC

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for reply , this camera was purchased in uk for Ireland . so it is or appears a genuine hikvision product , I can see the camera on sadp page and can alter the parameters at will .the camera works on router . the ip address of nvr is 192.168.1.x as i said 5 other different brands of camera working fine on nvr the nvr was purchased in uk amazon .i am getting my views through monitor attached to router . i know i am missing some points ---but weeks have gone by --- all ports were input manually .I had no problem in changing the password to a strong one as was recommended in initial setup . I am just getting nowhere now .on the ivms 4200 my nvr and camera are showing on device management page as active but on main view page nothing

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think you have to specify your setup and problem abit more hands on and practical, give ome screenshots and a drawing if you want =D .. it helps, for us to give you some help. since it seems like every piece of equipment is actually functioning it is just some settings that you are getting wrong.

(maybe a stupid question but did you click "add" on the devices in IVMS 4200 ?

JKMAC

n3wb
Reaction score
got it working it was the firmware all along . I had tried to upgrade firmware from hikvision portals . but the correct one was not listed apparently . but when HIKVISION eventually sent me the firmware link all worked correctly in a matter of minutes . Such a waste of time not having correct information .