Hikvision NVR 760XNI-I Firmware 4.1.60 release

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Version 4.1.60 is now showing up on Hikvison Europe site among others.

I've previously tried this version and found that I could no longer see live view or playback of my 8MP 2CD2385FWD-I but the lower resoultion cams worked fine. Interestingly, black window when view live footage on 8MP cam seems to be sighted as fixed in this release.

Your experience may be different. I rolled back to 4.1.54 for now but will probably give it another go.

Release notes:

New features

1. Hik-Connect
1.1. Support downloading firmware from Hik-Connect to hard disk and upgrading.
1) The web, 4200, and local GUI all support this function.
2) Need to enable Hik-Connect and register successfully.
3) It includes 2 processes: download the firmware to the HDD and upgrade NVR with the firmware in HDD.
4) You can configure automatic download, which is enabled by default.

Local GUI:
1.2. Support unbinding Hik-Connect in local GUI
1) After the NVR is bound to Hik-Connect, it can be unbound in local GUI.
2) Only I series NVR supports, and only admin users have permission to operate.

System – Network – Advanced – Platform Access
1.3. Add several new types of exception alarm to upload to Hik–Connect.
New types: HDD full, HDD error, network disconnection, IP conflict, illegal access, video recording exception, picture capturing exception, Poe power overload, SHM detection exception.
1.4. Super I series NVR supports Hik-Connect access.

2. Multilingual
Adding three new languages: Ukrainian, Brazilian Portuguese and Kyrgyz.

3. eSATA automatic backup
1) Local GUI, web, 4200 all support this function.
2) Automatic backup can be started at a specified time to back up the video of the last 24 hours. If the backup fails on that day, the video of the last 48 hours will be backed up the next day.
3) Different channels and different video stream types (main stream, sub stream, dual stream) can be selected for backup.
4) There is a status display during the backup process.

Local GUI:

4. Local live view output can be configured remotely
1) Support configuring live view mode of different output ports on the web.
2) The Custom Layout just can be obtained, but can’t be configured on the web.
3) Support polling function configuration. Time isntervals: no switch, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 120 seconds, 300 seconds.

5. Support setting object sizes for line-crossing and Intrusion detection
1) Support setting object sizes for line-crossing and Intrusion detection in web or local GUI of NVR.
2) The IP camera should support smart 2.0.

6. IP Camera access
1) Super I series NVR supports 2400MP IP Camera access. Support access up to 4 and can only be added through channel 1 to channel 4.
2) Support Queue Camera access.

Modified functions
1. Security
1) The verification method of web exported GUID file is adjusted from web side verification to local GUI verification.
2) Add default password for creating IP channel when using 4200 client to activate NVR device.
3) Optimize the character range supported by user name and password.
User name: A-Z a-z 0-9 !#$%&'()*+,-./;<=>?@[]^_`{|}~ space character
Password: A-Z a-z 0-9 !"#$%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~ space character

2. Ease of use
1) Add main and sub stream information of the current screen when clicking the left button on the live view windows
2) NVR can cancel the protocol calibration of IP camera.
3) In the case of non-admin users, no password login is required of locking screen protection.

3. RAID
1) S.M.A.R.T detection results can be seen in the array interface.
2) When the hot spare hard disk is not read or written within half an hour, it will in sleeping mode
3) Hard disk with a capacity of less than 4 TB cannot create RAID. Hard disks for RAID require supporting RV sensors (Checking the hard disk compatibility list to confirm if the hard disk supports RV).
4) I16 series NVR supports up to 8 hard disk to build a RAIDS. I24 series NVR supports up to 8 hard disks to build a RAID.

4. Log
Local GUI and web can export all searched logs, not only those that the interface can display.

Fixed issuess
1. POS videos cannot be searched through POS keywords.
2. POS information cannot be displayed continuously during playback of POS video.
3. The ANR function cannot be used normally.
4. It display black when living view the IP camera which is H.265 format and higher resolution than 200MP on chrome browser.

Supported Models
DS-76xxNI-I2 DS-76xxNI-I2/xP DS-77xxNI-I4
DS-77xxNI-I4/xP DS-96xxNI-I8 DS-96xxNI-I16

Driver

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Venturis,

Was your NVR from Australia or Aliexpress/China?

I have an Aliexpress 7616NI-I2 on 3.4.95 & a couple of those 8MP cams & older 3MP's. Current firmware's UI seems a bit laggy/buggy at times so looking to upgrade without bricking :)

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Venturis,

Was your NVR from Australia or Aliexpress/China?

I have an Aliexpress 7616NI-I2 on 3.4.95 & a couple of those 8MP cams & older 3MP's. Current firmware's UI seems a bit laggy/buggy at times so looking to upgrade without bricking :)
I got mine from an Ebay seller claiming it was "Genuine Australian Stock".

The serial number contains the country region "RR" which others in these forums have stated is the country region that Australian sourced Hivksion NVR's seem to have.

So I cant' give you can specific advice as to whether your unit will be upgradeable with this firmware.

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone loaded Firmware V 4.1.60 yet?

Everything working well expect I noticed that now when I select the VCA menu item on the web interface I get the pop up error message "VCA Device Not Detected."

This was working on V 4.1.54 for my G1 series cams which support dual VCA.

The easy solution would just be to roll back to the previous firmware but wanting to find out if anyone else come across this problem.

Cheers.

Driver

n3wb
Reaction score
Updated my Aliexpress* unit today straight from 3.4.95 via the web interface upload. After a very nervous reboot wait, it worked perfect! :D

Looks like a massive improvement so far. I had been seeing some UI performance issues and shuttering - buffering like - issues in previous recordings/live-view. Gone now!

What is somewhat annoying - is the custom live-views: if you reorder cameras for one custom view arrangement; it then also changes that order on the other views as well. Never did custom views before so I can't say if this is a bug - or just poorly designed UI to begin with.

*(Original Advert claimed it was upgradable, has a CCRR serial number too)

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated my Aliexpress* unit today straight from 3.4.95 via the web interface upload. After a very nervous reboot wait, it worked perfect! :D

Looks like a massive improvement so far. I had been seeing some UI performance issues and shuttering - buffering like - issues in previous recordings/live-view. Gone now!

What is somewhat annoying - is the custom live-views: if you reorder cameras for one custom view arrangement; it then also changes that order on the other views as well. Never did custom views before so I can't say if this is a bug - or just poorly designed UI to begin with.

*(Original Advert claimed it was upgradable, has a CCRR serial number too)
Any chance you can check out what happens when you select the VCA menu from the web interface? See my post above....

Driver

n3wb
Reaction score
Any chance you can check out what happens when you select the VCA menu from the web interface? See my post above....
No error messages, however my 8MP cams don't appear on the camera list.

The UI that does appear seems very vague and doesn't show the line-crossing rules that I've setup on the cameras themselves.

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am also missing my only 8MP IP camera (I do not know if it was there before, I hadn't touched the VCA options)
This is the second time I've flashed V4.1.60 firmware on my DS7608NI-I2/8P. The first time, I had to roll back to 4.1.54 because I couldn't see my 8MP cam in live view. Did all the usual updating webcomponents and clearing browser cache.

This time around my 8MP cam shows up in live view but I have the issue where VCA in not working.