Hikvision NVR 76xx - Is it possible to connect touch screen monitor ?

kvmts

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi , im new one here ,

I have a problem that I need to solve, is it possible connect into the Hikvision 76xx NVR touch screen monitor , or at least a touch screen?
It will be work without installing drivers or anything like that?
Have somebody any advice or experience, eventually guide?

I want to use it withou mouse and pc , just monitor with touch screen.

Thank you so much :)

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried some time ago, it did work correctly.

May be now with better firmware

kvmts

n3wb
Reaction score
Im working also with slot machines , there is an industrial monitors with touch screen ,

but touch screen is connected over RS232. So i bought today reduction from rs232 to USB ,

but i m afraid of , that NVR need some driver for using this reduction :-/ ,

and of course there is many problem with power suuply adapters ...

So i will be glad if somebody find here better solutions ...

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
All HIKVision 76xx and 71xx NVRs support MOST touch screens on the market. I've used Samsung, Acer, Plainar, and HP. All we're obviously plug and play with no additional work required.

be aware most private label HIK NVR's will not support touch screens because HIk does not open there full API up to those sellers/programmers. Also been one of my biggest complaints about the LTS hardware NVR's.

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't understand then why my Touchscreen was not supported.

I use chineses DS 7108NS NVR.
@zero-degrees
can you recommend a 24inch touchscreen working fine?

Last edited by a moderator:

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Defender666
I have this Acer touch screen running right now in one of my offices on a Chinese DS-7108N-SN/P
http://www.amazon.com/Acer-T232HL-bmidz-23-Inch-Display/dp/B00966IW72

I have an older samsung (not sure of model) running in another office on the 7104n-sn/p

Part of @kvmts problem may be that he's trying to convert RS232 to USB. Standard touch screen monitors that REQUIRE USB to be used as there interface work off standard USB/Mouse drivers normally for there touch interface for basic tap/touch inputs. Drivers are normally only required for advanced gestures.

What type of monitor were you trying @Defender666 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All HIKVision 76xx and 71xx NVRs support MOST touch screens on the market. I've used Samsung, Acer, Plainar, and HP. All we're obviously plug and play with no additional work required.

be aware most private label HIK NVR's will not support touch screens because HIk does not open there full API up to those sellers/programmers. Also been one of my biggest complaints about the LTS hardware NVR's.

What happens if you flash LTS nvr with hik firmware, does touchscreen work afterwards?

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone got touchscreen working

I have an AOC Screen it is working but positions are quite off. Like if the position of the mouse is for smaller resolution.

Anyone found out how to calibrate?

MerNion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry to dig up the thread, anyone can give us a detailed description of the display they are using the NVR so we can try the same? I want to connect a touchscreen to my DS-7608NI-I2 but I can't buy 10 of them and try them out because they are expensive.. I would like a solution that already works for someone else.. Thanks!

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did not find a touchscreen working with Hik. The touch more or less behave like a mouse.

Even I did not find a NVR (different brand) working with touchscreen. Still on search