Hikvision NVR and Camera live video delay and playback skipping

John rex

n3wb
Reaction score
This is my first time posting here and I would like people here to help me resolve my Hikvision CCTV issue. I have a Hikvision NVR DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P and four DS-2CD2385FWD-I cameras. I am having 2 issues:

1. Live video feeds is delayed by about 10 - 20 seconds. I have tried to use NTP time server uk.pool.ntp.org with 60min interval but this seemed not to work.

2. When playing back already recorded video, it skips. This is the worst issue as when I see someone coming in the video, all of a sudden it jumps and either I don't see the person again or just his/her back already gone.

Please, I need help. I have tried going through the web and still could not resolve it.

Thank you for your help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision NVR DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P and four DS-2CD2385FWD-I cameras. I am having 2 issues:
That's quite a low-end NVR for those cameras.
Depending on your bitrate settings for the cameras, you may be overloading the NVR.
Or you may have a PC that can't handle the video well enough.
Is this via the web GUI, or the HDMI interface?

Suggestion:
Try dropping the bitrates down to, say 4096kbps and see what difference that makes.

John rex

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you Alastair for the response. The video is via HDMI to a TV. I have reduced the bitrate to 4096kbps. I will monitor performance and report back.

Please do you know what I should do to resolve the video delay? Thanks