Hikvision nvr and huisun ptz help

Bigjebac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Guys trying to configure my new huisun ptz and am at wits end, tryed plug n play to no avail. Tryed manual add but no go, the provided sadp can't find the cam..... Arrr I'm a noob so please help me, why can't I manually add?

Bigjebac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok so I changed the ip of my computer and accessed the camera, so now I've changed the huisun ip how do I add it to my hik nvr? Sorry for the questions it's just my first non plug n play

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok so I changed the ip of my computer and accessed the camera, so now I've changed the huisun ip how do I add it to my hik nvr? Sorry for the questions it's just my first non plug n play
If they are both now on the same subnet it should automatically pick it up in the add camera section.

That's how mine was added.
I'm not using a Poe nvr if that happens to make a difference

Bigjebac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So do I set the huisun ip to my nvrs internal IP address or my network ip? Currently ports 6/7/8 are not used on my nvr but it's been automatically assigned ip"s don't I just change the huisun ip to say the Poe IP address? Like port 6- 192.168.254.7 ?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hmm, Having the same problem with my Huisun ip camera and a 8ch ismart nvr, Can't seems to find the huisun ip witch suppose to be 192.168.0.99

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I set mine up on Windows, I had to change the lan settings to the 192.168.0.1 just to be able to access the cam at .99. Then I was able to reset the cam IP to my normal ip range (in my case 10.0.0.x), then reset the Windows back to its static IP, and rebooted both cam and Windows, and life was good.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, i change the ip to 192.168.0.2 with that tool that come with Huisun cd, and then the only way to get cam to run in explorer win7, was to change the system network adapter settings from 192.168.1.xxx to 192.168.0.xxx for the camera to work.
But now my chrome don't work! because of that. Also i tested the Huisun camera on my personal pc witch is win7, as for all my other 6 ip cams or on other desktop dell witch specially runs all the security system and is win10, and looks like after i change to 192.168.0.xxx all the 192.168.1.xxx cameras dropped. Anyway,

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, i change the ip to 192.168.0.2 with that tool that come with Huisun cd, and then the only way to get cam to run in explorer win7, was to change the system network adapter settings from 192.168.1.xxx to 192.168.0.xxx for the camera to work.
But now my chrome don't work! because of that. Also i tested the Huisun camera on my personal pc witch is win7, as for all my other 6 ip cams or on other desktop dell witch specially runs all the security system and is win10, and looks like after i change to 192.168.0.xxx all the 192.168.1.xxx cameras dropped. Anyway,
Well this is sorta unrelated, but related: This is why I don't run DHCP on my wlan/lan. Routers used to be flakey back in the day, assigning the same IP to different hardware when one was powered off, or an reassignment after a given duration, it was hard to keep track when you essentially wanted a static IP condition on every piece of hardware in the house. Consequently, I mapped out every device, and manually assigned an IP to every device..it's WAY easy, just do it. Then log into your router and disable DHCP, or keep it enabled for guests, relegated to a given range (10.0.0.60-.70). You can also bunch up similar devices to ranges (PC's .1-.10, laptops .11-.20, etc.). Then all I ever need to do is assign an IP to any new device I have, 1 time, and it's done. I keep a wlan/lan map of the IP's in my docs, as well as bookmarks to specific oft used devices in Chrome. Been doing this without issue for well over a decade, even though I'm told most router firmware has improved significantly. I just feel like my network is small enough (well under 50 devices total) that I can manage it better than DHCP.