HIKVISION NVR and IP cameras network setup

campotato

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.

I would like to secure a holiday home abroad.
So far, I bought HIKVISION NVR and one IP camera. Further, I would like to purchase extra 4 cameras.
In the last days I was trying to attempt to set the network but unfortunately due to the lack of knowledge not succeeding. This is my weak point. Yet the establishment of network is utmost importance, since will enable me to monitor the house via the internet, email and mobile phone. I have read most of this forum and watched the YouTube videos and still struggling. It seems most of you guys are knowledgeable and perfectly capable with setting up the network, except myself.

I used the iVMS-4200 Client in the hope that I can setup altogether easier and assign the IP addresses for the NVR and camera but the result is that NVR is listed twice, with different IP address and nothing works. I do not know what I'm doing wrong. I am confusing assigned IPs with the internal ones.
Could someone please share a template for the network setup?
I hope you wont mind me asking quite few questions.

The description of the current software:
- Dlink wireless router
- HIKVISION DS-7608NI-E2-8P 8CH NVR (connected to the DLINK router via CAT5)
- HIKVISION DS-2CD2335-I IP66 HD 3MP (connected to the NVR POE number1 via CAT5)
- LCD monitor (connected to the NVR via HDMI)
- Windows Vista and XP PC (tried both connections: 1- to the router via CAT5, 2- to the NVR POE port number 2 via CAT5)

Many thanks in advance.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken the 2335 camera is a H265 camera and is not compatible with the 7608.

Can you 'see' the camera on SADP? or on the NVR? by see I mean it's existence.

campotato

n3wb
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken the 2335 camera is a H265 camera and is not compatible with the 7608.

Can you 'see' the camera on SADP? or on the NVR? by see I mean it's existence.
I was not aware of your response, which I thank you for. As you can see this is ongoing saga and since my post I haven't managed to complete the installation.
Couple days ago I decided to crack on with this again as I spend considerable money on this and its not being used. However I was not being able to
log in into the system. Password wasn't accepted. Therefore I contacted HIKVISION who put a blame on the camera by looking at the serial number wasn't purchased via authorized retailer, except the NVR which was. Anyway after exporting the password recovery file they've sent back encrypted file.
I cold not import the file, even with three computers and every time I tried it came up with some error. So I went with trial/error logins with old password and now works.
One problem less, except I do get now IP address conflicts.
Both NVR and camera are being seen by SADP.
I am not the most tech minded, therefore I don't know what IP address should be on NVR and what on currently one camera being connected.
The biggest struggle for me is everything related to advanced settings such as network / IP address, remote access, email notifications.
Recording and playing works fine on NVR

I would appreciate any help.

campotato

n3wb
Reaction score
Does it matter if I have two routers? From the 1st one I run CAT5 into 2nd where NVR and IP cameras are based.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does it matter if I have two routers?
It would matter if they are both running a DHCP service.
If that is the case, you could get IP address conflicts.
Is it definitely two routers, not one router and one switch?

campotato

n3wb
Reaction score
It would matter if they are both running a DHCP service.
If that is the case, you could get IP address conflicts.
Is it definitely two routers, not one router and one switch?
Thank you for your reply.
They're both routers. One from the service provider and second to extend the network.
I also want to return the IP camera to factory settings. This seem to be possible only with TFTP software.
Due to being purchased via Ebay and it came with English language, although is Chinese import, it may lose English menu after reflashing.
Or I should just leave it as is?
I might not need to but the IP address of camera isn't the same segment as it is on NVR.

Last edited by a moderator:

campotato

n3wb
Reaction score
Right, seller told me reflash will bring it down to 5.2.5 from current 5.3.3. Back to 5.3.3 isn't possible as it is only Chinese.
I am not really sure if resetting my camera is needed. All, I want is just to start it again from scratch.

When computer is connected via POE port, NVR menu IPv4 Address is different than in SADP is this normal?
But when computer is connected to NVR LAN is the same on SADP as in NVR menu, however IP camera in SADP disappear.

Last edited by a moderator: