Hikvision NVR/Camera settings keep reverting

braddie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a 7608 NVR (FW 3.3.4) with a mix of 2335 and 2345 cameras (all FW 5.3.6). I change some of the encoding settings for the cameras (frame rate, bitrate, video quality) and they keep reverting to the original (default) values. Sometimes the settings for one of the cameras stick but as soon as I try setting the other cameras they change back. Even if I don't touch anything after the settings stick for a camera, often they revert eventually (after a few hours hours/days). I tried modifying the settings from the NVR only, the camera only and both at the same time. I also tried rebooting the NVR, and the camera only after changing the settings but nothing works. Is this a known issue? Is there something I'm missing? Thanks in advance for your input!

Reaction score
Did u ever find out what was going on
.....my dvr settings keep reverting back after reboot.....uts driving me mad and cant find any info on this issue

Reaction score
Changing the NVR firmware fixed the issue for me.
Thankyou for your reply ill give that a go if i can find some lol.....p.s .last time im buying a cheap chinese dvr lol my mates exact same model is fine but now i got an issue finding the firmware is a nightmare but now i seen ur reply i know im not wasting my hours/days trying to find one, thanks again for reply