Hikvision NVR can't add cameras - very weird problem

AYahoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, I have an NVR DS-7608NXI-I2 on firmware V4.62.210, with 2 Hikvision cameras, 1 Hikvision doorbell (DS-KV6113), and 1 Hikvision Intercom (DS-KD8003), All the equipment is connected to the POE NVR.

For the last year everything worked fine, a few days ago the intercom + doorbell stopped working. the two other cameras are working great, but the intercom + doorbell are not accessible from the NVR (they are accessible from the hik-connect).

The intercom + doorbell have manual IP settings 192.168.254.98 + 192.168.254.99 and if I connect my laptop to the NVR I'm able to reach them with HTTP, and RTSP (on VLC), but my NVR is not willing to add them, if I set them up as plug and play, I get an error - "Incorrect user name or password." Even though it is the same username & password as the NVR, and if I set them up as manual with the IP + Username & Pass on Hikvision protocol I get "Getting channel parameter failed.", If I try the HIKVISION_RTSP I get "Connecting… " for very long time and no connection or image, but I'm able to get the rtsp from rtsp:/192.168.254.98:554/ch1/main/av_stream on VLC.

I'm losing it, tried almost anything that I can think of, so I decided to go the the experts here, any idea?

Thanks

Reaction score
Have you try to put both of them on a POE switch and add them using local IP address instead of plug and play to the back of NVR ?