Hikvision NVR - can't be this hard...

Reaction score
Hi,
Trying to set up a Hikvision DS-7616NI-E2 DVR so i can view it remotely

Went to the NVR's advanced settings and registered it and created a verification code

Then created a hik-connect account and added the device. it shows up 'online'

Now trying to connect the app on my phone (iVMS-4500), but i'm really struggling.

In the app, i pressed the menu, and at the top of the screen clicked 'login'. Now i go to 'devices' and 'add device' and i'm promopted for:

Alias: New Device 01
Register mode: Hik-Connect Domain
Device Domain: i click on this and it lets me select my serial# of the NVR associated with the hik-connect account.
Now it asks for 'username' and 'password'. what is this? the hik-connect account username/password? i've tried that but don't get anywhere.

Trying to figure out how to view cameras and connect to the device on the app to do remote configuration, but need help

Would appreciate anything anyone can do

Reaction score
fyi - i was also unable to figure out how to get my nvr to generate a QR code, that all of these tutorials show

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
i don't think you need to be trying to connect to a "domain" I think if thats if your using DNS.
but my only experience is with the Nightowl ( hik OEM) dvrs'

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
in the APP, try the NVR USer / pass. it would be sitting at the IP address of the Web interface of the NVR. might have to Google Hik NVR default IP

Reaction score
I'm trying to use the HIKConnect service as i don't want to forward ports to my NVR
i tried the username/password of the NVR but it doesn't work. i can connect to it with that username/password using the local network IP, but not hikconnect :(

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
It has been awhile since I have worked with IVMS-4500 but it seems to me that I had to put in the address of every NVR that I wanted to look at. I have 4 of them. So when I call up IVMS-4500 on my I-phone I have to pick which NVR to look at. By the way mine are all Hikvision NVR's.

Reaction score
you're putting the IP address of the NVR in? but then you have to forward ports to the NVR on your network, right? you're not using the hik connect service?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
you're putting the IP address of the NVR in? but then you have to forward ports to the NVR on your network, right? you're not using the hik connect service?
The NVR's are on my LAN. I am using a PC to watch what is going on using IVMS-4200. Also I can make a number of adjustments with the PC to the NVR's and cameras. I am not using hik connect. I do not remember what all I had to do using IVMS-4500 to get it to work. There are a number of websites that show what needs to be done and I just followed their instructions. I actually had very little trouble in setting it up.