Hikvision NVR can't save (most) settings, PnP doesn't work and other weird things

columb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P which is now around 4 years old and just recently some weird things has started happening:

• I can upgrade firmware. Done just that today - I'm now running V4.40.016 build 200803 which is the latest at the time of writing this post
  • I can save some settings (for example I can enable SSH but reboot kills it and removes that tick box, can't remember if that's normal)

Now, here is the (very) problematic part:

- I can't save most of the settings - message which I get is "Parameter error" but how it can be where I'm trying to change for example:

- port number form 80 to 8080 (or any other in fact)
- port number from 443 to 8443 (or any other)
- disable TLS 1.1 (can't do that. I'm sure I was able to do that before!)
- don't seems to get all of the features of my cameras, for example no smart event for DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL

- My Hik Connect/ EZVIZ doesn't work - I can't add my NVR any more though the serial number (No device is found. Make sure that the serial No. is correct and the device is connected properly. )

So does it mean that I need a new NVR? Is there anything I could try? I have tried factory reset (where most of the settings stay) but that didn't fix my issue.
There is nothing interesting the logs.

:-(

Thanks
Chris