hikvision NVR cant view on spss or app only browser

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this is annoying me, i have a hikvision nvr, i want to view it remotely on a pc and my phone but cant. only way i can view it on an external PC is via internet explorer, spss wont work with it.
i have a few dahua nvr's setup on spss fine but cant get the hikvision one on there or my phone.
what is going on? why is hikvision different??
i have the ports open on the router, else i wouldnt be able to view it on a browser on external network.

nknetzer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hik-Connect for mobile phone, iVMS for PC. Newest hik connect version wont let me view my ptz live feed though, i had to downgrade back to V4.18.0.0831 for it to work correctly

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
got hikconnect, wont work, times out. works fine in pc browser but not in phone app.

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
geeez, i can connect to the nvr on the browser on my phone but hikconnect app wont let me connect and times out. what the hell is going on here??

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
anyone? even ivms i cannot connect to, says invalid user name or password. i know they are correct.

munkiep

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you enable Hik-Connect on the NVR GUI? I had this problem when I switched Hik NVRs after a few years, had to relearn all the steps and this was one small step that I overlooked and drove me nuts for a bit