Hikvision NVR Compatibility with Dahua Camera

clueless

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everybody, hope you can hellllllppppp!

I have the HIKVISION DS-7608NI-E2-8P-A

The crux of what I am asking is – on the basis of the Onvif Protocol thing will my VNR be compatible with DaHua Camera (esp PTZ function)
I ask because I am in the process of getting a camera – I like the Dahua cameras. I wish I had known this before purchasing Hikvision NVR. I hate that fan it is OTT as I don’t even use the built in POE’s.
Now then, I really like the Dahua IPC-HFW2300R-Z as from the YouTube vid it appears to even pick up registration plates (not sure if it is due to good lighting conditions or the camera angle). Currently it is available for purchase for about £100.

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/uk/download/R Series Vari-focal Megapixel Network Camera.pdf (SPEC LINK)

Alternatively there is the DaHua IPC-HFW4300R-Z with exactly the same specs but a bit cheaper, available for purchase for about £75 and based on customer feedbacks it is also popular (no idea what is going on there or which model was first).

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Dahua-IPC-HFW4300R-Z-2-8-mm-12-mm-zoom-lens-electric-3-megapixel-network-camera/1282343_32364173670.html

I am guessing that the model number with the higher numeric value is the newer or version possibly for Chinese or other market – there is also no user pdf manual or marketing material for the DaHua IPC-HFW4300R-Z.
But to confuse matters even more there is the Dahua DH IPCHFW2300RP-Z; again same spec.
There are a couple of vids by putin

I cannot seem to find anything in the Hikvision that appeals as well or has the same popularity as there are no youtube vids videos showing their performances.
The closest I can find spec wise from Hikvision is DS-2CD2642FWD-IZS (twice the price at £229)

http://www.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_160_i5599.html

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIKVision-4MP-WDR-Vari-focal-Bullet-Network-Camera-DS-2CD2642FWD-IZS-/142078912465?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

The camera will be fitted under eave at about 10 feet height overlooking driveway. Would really appreciate your input, thank you.

Attachments

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the 4300 series was Dahua's premiere 3MP Line a few years back, it appears to be discontinued models and replaced with newer hardware.. the specs are the same but I dont know what all changed to force a new model number.. mebe new image sensors, mebe new supporting soc's.. I have a 4300S on my back patio and it does a fine job, only complaints are no option to disable the shitty round diode IR and the square aspect ratio of 3MP.

No idea if the Zoom Function on this is going to work on your Hikvision NVR, it will likely be able to pull the video stream just fine.. but beyond that it's a crap shoot when mixing and matching..

the only reason its getting any number plates is the insane amount of lighting, I mean shit its still in full color mode.

FYI the zoom and focus on these is not fast like the speed domes, I dont think they are usuable to zoom on the fly to track activity.. motorized varifocal you typically just set it and forget it, if you want to look arround a lot.. then save up for a PTZ.

clueless

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Nayr, I totally agree with you. The only issue I have with PTZ Domes is their size and they are such an eye sore. Like you said, I just want to set the camera lens at the right focus and just forget it for the next 10 yrs.

Now that I am looking; I want to get maximum night time details (number plates is a bonus). The road in front of our house has a bend and it is about 10 meters from where the camera would be mounted.

Has any one tried the 16 fixed lens with Exir Turret? (Just curious if it picks up finer details); i want to keep away from those ugly box cameras.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you seen these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dahua-2-0MP-Camera-Security-100-Meters-CCTV-Night-Vision-Camera-12X-Zoom-IPC-HFW5200E-Z12/32724240733.html

I think tha'd make a fine LPR Camera...

I been thinking of buying a 16mm and 25mm aftermarket lenses and playing with some of my new 4MP cameras and seeing if the'll take em.. been trying to come up with a cheaper LPR camera that dont need a housing.. my HFW4421D-AS has screws on the front and I can see there is some space between the lens and glass to accommodate a little bigger lens, so it might be an easy mod to get more zoom out of some of the bullet models.. people have done it with Hik Mini bullets and those have almost no room to work with.

GH75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That first video you cant read half the tags. I recently pulled some footage of a car going thru a gate at night and the tail lights completely blinded the tag.

We have installed this Uniview IPC242ER5-DL and have had great results. We run it in black and white. We use at least 2 cameras. One Dahua providing an overview and the Uniview focused on tags. At night you can barely see the car because shutter is so high and exposure is set low but the tag is crystal clear.