Hikvision NVR Confusion

Maconi

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out the differences between some of the Hikvision NVRs but between the different regions, different firmware versions, and inconsistent Data Sheets I'm a bit lost lol.

The main two I've been trying to compare are:

DS-7732NXI-I4/16P/S vs DS-7732NXI-I4/16P/4S

It seems like the -S is targeted at the global market whereas the -4S is targeted toward specific regions? I can only find the -S is on the Global EN and Europe EN sites whereas only the -4S is on the US EN, Canada EN, and HK EN sites.

The bigger issue is that some of the descriptions or Data Sheets seem to be consistent so I can't get a clear view of the true differences between them (if there are any in reality).

On the Europe site it claims the -S is 1U and the -4S is 1.5U on the page yet the Data Sheets say they're both 1.5U.

It also claims the -S can support up to 10TB HDD's whereas the -4S can only support up to 8TB HDD's. However on the US site it claims the -4S can support up to 12TB HDD's.

A consistent difference I see is the claim that the -4S has "False alarm filtering for 4ch 2 MP, 3 MP, and 4 MP cameras" whereas the -S only claims "False alarm filtering for 4ch of 2 MP cameras". Another consistent difference seems to be that the -S has 256 Mbps In/256 Mbps Out while the -4S only has 256 Mbps In/200 Mbps Out. I'd be curious to know those are actual differences or just specs from old documentation/firmware.

Speaking of firmware, I noticed the -S firmware is v4.4 whereas the -4S firmware is v4.1 but if they're truly two different devices (and not just renamed for different regions) I suppose that's normal.

Is there anyone knowledgeable about Hikvision NVRs that can help nail down the true differences (if any)?