Hikvision NVR DS-7604NI-E1/4P setup

Robinbanks

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

Hoping someone can help me. I purchased a Hikvision NVR model DS-7604NI-E1/4P earlier this year but never got it up and running. I tried last night to set it up but i am having some difficulties.

To give you some background first of all.

I cannot remember if i went through the setup wizard when i first got the NVR. The setup wizard doesnt pop up now when i power up the NVR so i am thinking i have already done this step but i cant confirm. I connect the NVR to my laptop via a HDMI cable and connected the LAN socket on the NVR to a LAN socket on my Router. Nothing appears on my screen.

When i open the SAPD tool i can see the NVR but when i enter the IP displayed on the SAPD tool in my web browser it just times out and does not bring me to the NVR operating panel.

I dont know the current password was going to request a new one from Hikvision because I am all out of ideas at this stage. Maybe if i can change the IP address to something similar to the the router IP address will allow me to get into the configuration page so that i can add cameras.