Hikvision nvr ds-7608ni-k2/8p crashes my internet when i remote view

Stud2b

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys

Im new here and i dont have much experience with nvrs normally i would install dvrs but decided to try a nvr as i had 4 camera left behind from previous tenants, anyways the issues i have is that the internet and camera works fine untill i remote view the camera on my mobile from 4g, also i seems to be when i view more than one camera at a time so split screen of 4 cameras would cause everything to disconnect from the broadband. With one camera on screen nothing happens.

Thanks in advance guys

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i seems to be when i view more than one camera at a time so split screen of 4 cameras would cause everything to disconnect from the broadband.
What's the broadband upload speed?
You'll likely be simply overwhelming the available bandwidth viewing video remotely, even if it's the substream view that you've selected.

Stud2b

n3wb
Reaction score
Upload is roughly 1mb download 16gb if im correct, one camera on screen i have no issues its when its more than one camera

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Upload is roughly 1mb
Well, a mainstream from one camera is typically 4-8Mbps
The substream for one camera is typically 0.5 Mbps
A couple of cameras being viewed remotely would fully consume your upload capacity, to the detriment of other users.

Stud2b

n3wb
Reaction score
Anything i can do to fix this? Change anything? Guessing the isp wont wont me more upload speed

Stud2b

n3wb
Reaction score
Also my dvrs which i've installed all run with 1mb upload speed with no problem does that mean nvrs need more upload speed to remote view?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like you are on an ADSL2+ service. Check if your ISP has an FTTC (fibre to the cabinet) service in your street.
That will double your download speed and give about 10Mbps upload.

Stud2b

n3wb
Reaction score
No fibre in my area, so does a dvr with bnc cameras not use that much upload speed? Ibhave no problem with the two avtech dvrs im using on other sites.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's all going to depend on the effective bitrate of what you are viewing.
And, for IP cameras, whether you are viewing the mainstream or substream.

Stud2b

n3wb
Reaction score
I was viewing substream, changintthe bitrate would that be on the nvr or the app? I changed it on the nvr but didnt see any change, each camera i changed to 15fps should i lower it even more?