HikVision NVR DS-7616-I Virtual Host

sunix

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a HikVision NVR model DS-7616-I (this is a model without PoE port).
All my camera are plugged into a PoE switch.
I created a VLAN only accessible by NVR where I plugged all my cameras and made the NVR accessible via my normal LAN. (camera IP 192.168.2.X, NVR IP 192.168.0.100)

So in other word, all camera are only visible by the NVR.

I was hoping to use the Virtual Host feature of NVR to access camera from my LAN (via NVR), but when I select this feature, the Connect link that appear in camera list is the ACTUAL IP address of cameras on VLAN (192.168.2.X and thus not accessible). The NVR does not look do to it's Virtual Hosting job (i.e. create a link like 192.168.0.100:65001).

There is no option either to configure each camera port for virtual hosting.
So does the DS-7616-I actually support Virtual Host or is that option there for nothing ?

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So does the DS-7616-I actually support Virtual Host or is that option there for nothing ?
Yes, it does - but it's entire purpose is to provide a NATed access to IP cameras that are connected to the NVR PoE ports - which operate on a separate, isolated network segment within the NVR.

Virtual Host does not 'virtualise' LAN-connected cameras, which is what yours are (ie cameras not on the NVR PoE ports) - it's operating correctly by supplying their actual IP address.

sunix

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok thanks. This is what I was thinking.
Note: the DS-7616-I model I have doesn't have any PoE ports, so this option is useless on this model (and should probably not be there).
So I would have to use my firewall to accomplish my cam isolation.